Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Saturday with the Family

My aunt and cousin came up towards the end of July to stay with my grandma, so we made plans to see them. I haven't seen my cousin Peter since last August as he couldn't come at Christmas of course, and he's been completing his degree at uni in Bournemouth all year. He's finished now which is excellent, so he came up with my aunt. I wanted him to meet the kittens - we're a cat family - so Lee and I picked him up from my grandma's just before lunchtime and came back to ours. 

We had lunch and then because it was so hot decided to go to Cannon Hall. We managed to find a shady spot under a tree and sat there for a while playing a game. Lee and Peter went over for ice creams and then we went into the playground which was fun. Peter made the roundabout go so fast! 

Back at home the kittens were desperate to go outside but it was far too hot at the front, so we took them out the back with their harnesses on. They were inquisitive about it, if a little confused, and there's no grass to eat out the back, but they stayed there for a while anyway. 

Around 5pm we set off for my grandma's for tea, with my mum and stepdad coming too. It was so hot inside my grandma's house that I staged a coup and went to sit outside with Lee. Everyone came with us and it was really nice to be out in the fresh air. We ordered some Turkish food for tea and had to eat that inside, but then we sat outside until nearly 11pm. Even my grandma didn't complain! 

Ir was a nice day, pretty relaxed but nice to spend some time in the sunshine and fresh air. Plus of course ice cream!


There was barely a cloud in the sky at Cannon Hall. There were people around but it wasn't stupidly busy


Two of my favourite people in the whooooooooooole world


And kittens outside the back for the first time! Jasmine was just the other side of Peter


No comments:

Post a Comment