Sunday, October 2, 2022

Films of the Month - July

I only watched six films in July! I think this is the lowest number since I started keeping a record, but I had a pretty rubbish month for one reason or another, including a procedure I had to have in hospital under sedation. I was fine and released before midday, just absolutely knackered and a bit fragile for a few days afterwards. But, it is what it is. Maybe I'll do better in August? We'll see! Here's what I saw:


While Lucinda and I were in Tideswell, we watched The Mummy on the Sunday evening because it was on Ch4. I love it, but it's ages since I saw it. I thoroughly enjoyed it - it's so ridiculous!


Fourteen years ago, after my dad had died, my mother and Lee and I went on a holiday we had already booked, only without my dad. In hindsight we really shouldn't have gone, but we decided we could be equally as sad in the south of France as we could be in England. So we went, and it was nice to be in a different place, and in the sunshine, for the most part. But one day it was SO hot outside and Lee and I were both a bit sad, so we sat inside with the curtains closed and watched The Godfather. And it was just brilliant, it was just exactly what I needed that day. So when the heatwave hit in July, I said to Lee we should sit in the dark and watch The Godfather, so we did. And it was brilliant. It is one of my favourite films - I love Al Pacino especially


Netflix recommended this documentary to me, so I watched it. It was so interesting but such a sad story and so very intense


Lee and I also watched Rogue One together, which we both really like. I think it's underrated in the Star Wars canon! I like all the main characters a lot!


I was looking for something else and discovered that Viceroy's House was on Netflix. I saw it at the cinema and enjoyed it, so decided to watch it again. I like it - I know it's not completely historically accurate but I like it. Gillian Anderson is great too. Because I'd watched this and was reminded of Louis Mountbatten I decided to go watch S4 of The Crown again as his death happens in the first episode of that. I can't wait for S5! 


Lastly, I watched Tove, which is about the life of Moomin artist and author Tove Jansson. I don't generally watch films with subtitles as it means I have to really concentrate on the film, but I wanted to see it, so I did. I was cross stitching at the same time and it was fine! I loved the story and would really recommend the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment