Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Christmas Day 2022

We didn't get up particularly early on Christmas Day, then we had some breakfast and then my stepdad went to pick up his mum and brother. Lee and my mum and I started getting things ready for lunch, and then once everyone was settled we started opening some presents. Lee's mam had bought us each one of these ridiculous hoodies and wanted a photo of us in them so we sent this one to her. And one of my first presents from my mum was the Speedy Bosh book, which is all vegan recipes. I actually bought another of these for Lee last Christmas, so I was pleased to get this. We actually made one of the recipes at the beginning of January which I hope bodes well for the rest of the year! I'm vegetarian but love to eat vegan. 

Lee ordered me this Jesse Malin LP without me knowing about it! I have seen Jesse a bunch of times and have tickets to see him again in February, I really like him, so I was thrilled to get this. It's got a song with Bruce Springsteen on it too! 

We had lunch around 2pm. I had "turkey" and stuffing from Marks and Spencer which Lee had picked up for me just before Christmas. It was nice and quite sweet, with cranberries in it. We had vegetables, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, vegan pigs in blankets, and of course gravy and bread sauce. I love bread sauce so much, I don't know why we don't eat it more often! 

I got this pair of Dr Marten boots from my mum and stepdad. They were second hand off Vinted and I found them in like October. The black is supposed to rub off and reveal the red underneath, so you can see this has already started happening. I love the effect! Plus these are already worn in a bit so haven't been wrecking my feet. They aren't in perfect condition but for the price we paid I'm happy and it means I'm less precious about them as they've already got a few scuffs. I love them!

Around 3.30pm Lee and I went out of the front of the cottage and down the long garden on to the quayside at the front. I made sure to take photos of the cottage! I took some pictures of the beach, although the tide was mostly out. There was a family playing with a frisbee which was exciting their dog a lot! It wasn't too cold and it blew the cobwebs away.

My dress was this gorgeous star print dress from the Judi Love collection at Very. I bought it in like October and then saved it for Christmas because it was so nice! It's so lovely on, really light and floaty with sheer sleeves. It's a nice length too, I wore tights underneath but I could have easily not done. 

On the way back into the house I took this lovely photo of the one solitary rose in the garden, isn't it lovely? 

The last photo is of Lee's new shoes. His old Converse were falling apart so I bought these off Vinted. They were only £33 and they honestly look like they've never been worn. Aren't they a gorgeous colour?

We played a game for a bit, which was fun. Then Lee took Norman's mum and brother home, and when he got back we had some bits for tea. It was a nice, relaxed day! 


Lee and I in our ridiculous fluffy hoodies. I used mine as a blanket in Somerset (there was only single glazing and sitting in front of the windows was quite cold) and I've worn it since we've been home because our attic room can be cold. It's very warm!


Speedy Bosh book - I can see us making a lot of this stuff


My Jesse Malin LP! Lee and I have quite the collection of vinyl now


The back of the cottages looking at numbers 4 and 5


And the other way - the gate was the way in


Setting the table - I bought these Lindt bears somewhere or other for each of us to have


Christmas dinner! 


New boots! I am so happy I found these second hand


The front of the house


Looking up the garden


The beach - the white tents are Butlins, and we could hear some kind of party going on with Wizzard playing


Looking across the bay


Towards the harbour, where we had been the previous day


My new dress! Isn't it lovely? I love it, I might wear it for my mother in law's 60th actually too


Pretty rose in the garden


And finally Lee's new secondhand Converse trainers

No comments:

Post a Comment