Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Food Out with Sam in Slaithwaite

On the 22nd of March I went to Slaithwaite to meet Sam for tea. We went to Destination Indian, which I had seen recommended and which has a lot of vegetarian and vegan choices so I was keen to try it. I met Sam in Slaithwaite at about 4.15 and we had a drink in The Commercial first before going across to Destination at 5pm. It's much bigger than it looks from the outside. I liked the decor inside but in the photos there's a huge blue hue on everything, so my food photos didn't come out very well. 

We shared poppadums and dips to start off with, and then I had samosa chaat which I love, and then a paneer curry with a sauce made from cashew nut and fenugreek. It was all incredibly delicious and the plating was really lovely. A few more people came in so there was a nice atmosphere too. I would say the food was really good and would definitely recommend the restaurant if you're in the area. There's plenty of vegetarian and vegan choices - two pages full! We also had a mango lassi each which was delicious. 

Afterwards I drove Sam to the train station as it's up a big hill, and then I drove home listening to You're Wrong About, which is about the only podcast I listen to but I really love it! I was wearing this new flamingo skirt that I bought from Interrobang Art when it was on sale. It's an XXL in the midi length. The size is good on me, it would go much bigger and is very generous. The length is lovely on me too. I wore my Pits and Perverts t shirt which I love. You can't see them but I was wearing my hot pink Snag tights and my Dr Marten boots. Oh and the cardigan is new - it's from Very. I wanted a basic black cardigan and this is perfect - it's not too thick but it is really cosy, I've been wearing it a lot. 


My outfit before I set off. I swear the skirt is flamingos up close!


The decor in Destination before anyone else arrived


This is the second room - it is a big place!


Poppadums and dips - you can see the blue hue on the food so I won't bother showing you anything else


And me and Sam! She had also recently cut her hair like I had, it looks lovely on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment