Saturday, April 22, 2023

Mother's Day 2023

I generally do something with my mum on Mother's Day, although I think she was away last year and Lee and I went out with my aunt and grandma instead. I asked her and my stepdad over to ours this year, and then I asked Lee's mam if she and his stepdad would like to come down. We don't often see them so I thought it would be nice. She agreed and they actually went to Harrogate for the night the night before to make a bit of a weekend of it, which was nice for them. 

I tried to get somewhere to do afternoon tea for us but couldn't find anyone to do it - several businesses just didn't even bother getting back to me which I found frustrating. So I decided to order sandwiches from Morrisons for us to pick up on the Sunday morning, and then I ordered cake boxes from a place in Crofton near Wakefield which turned out to be utterly gorgeous. The place is called Betsy's and I would really recommend them if you're close by! 

In Morrisons I also picked up some scones and clotted cream and jam. We got back and finished tidying up to make the house a standard Lee's mam would approve of (I am only joking, but we had tidied up!) just before she and Gary arrived. Then Bev cut my hair! I am suffering from anaemia currently and my hair was getting terrible because of it, so I knew it needed cutting off but I havent had the werewithal to go to the hairdresser to get it done. Lee's mam is a trained hairdresser so she did it for me and it already looks way better! I love it! 

I got changed into my leopard print Boohoo dress that I first wore a few weeks ago. I do really like it! My mum and stepdad arrived and we had some drinks and then lunch. I had ordered a sandwich platter, a vegetarian sandwich platter, some pork sausage rolls and some cheese and onion rolls, and a cheese platter. Then there were the scones and then the beautiful cakes! I had a cupcake which was lovely. It was all nice and everyone agreed, so I'm glad that's what we did. 

Bev and Gary left about 3pm because Gary was working on the Sunday evening, but my mum and stepdad stayed for a while longer and we finished the wine. It was a really nice afternoon and nice for Lee and I to see both our mums!


I had painted my nails using a Mavala polish in Smoky Blue, but it flooded my cuticles terribly and it just wasn't great. Plus it got pillow marks in it two nights in a row which was annoying! But it is a nice colour


My hair before - you can see how thin it was towards the ends 


And here's after! Much better!


The cake boxes from Betsy's - these were £12.50 each which I think is really fair!


There's two cupcakes, a shortbread with icing on, a brownie, a Bakewell tart type thing, and a cupcake with icing on too 


Here's the whole spread! It was well enough for all of us with stuff to take home too. I was using this gorgeous dinner service which I've inherited from my grandma. Caroline and I had split it to begin with but then they got a service from Neil's mum so I ended up with all of this one which I'm pleased about. I have always really liked it


Finally here's my outfit - I do love this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment