Sunday, April 2, 2023

Lunch Out with Lee

We waited such a long time between my grandma's death and her funeral, and I found it really stressful and overwhelming and wasn't sleeping very well. I was also really sad about my mum's cat having to be put to sleep, and upset for my mum. I did go to a gig and saw my friend Amy, and the gig left me in so much pain that I had to relax for a couple of days after. But on Sunday the 19th, I was going a bit stir crazy so said to Lee that we should go out for lunch. We decided to go into Barnsley to the Market Kitchen, where there are quite a few places you can get food from. They weren't all open as it was Sunday, but Lee got a chicken shish from the Turkish place, and I went for Thai food. I also ordered a Bramble cocktail which was really gorgeous. For food I had sweetcorn fritters and Massaman curry, I also have Massaman curry cos I love it so much. I went for plain noodles instead of rice which was a mistake, but no matter! I enjoyed the food anyway.

We then walked over to where a new dessert place has opened also in the Glass Works complex. We decided to go in even though we hadn't planned. I had cookie dough with strawberries, chocolate, and whipepd cream. It was so good! An unexpected treat! We went into TKMaxx where I smelt every scented candle they had. I bought a pack of three in the end, for a tenner. I still have birthday money to spend, so I could treat myself. I always have a scented candle or a wax melt burning as it makes me feel happy. 

We popped into Morrisons before coming home, where I bought myself some brandy because it turns out I like it. We got some other cat food too as our two had turned their noses up at the one in gravy Lee had bought - bloody cats. I was wearing my Be Gay Solve Crimes t shirt, which is a reference to Robin Stevens' Murder Most Unladylike series of books, and my pink and black Scarlett and Jo skirt that used to be a dress. You can't see but I was wearing my bright pink footless tights from Snag, too, I thought they added some much needed colour to life!


Lee and I in Market Kitchen. It was quite empty but I'm glad we went! I look horrendously tired here


Bramble cocktail which was so nice


Massaman curry, it was hot and delicious!


Sweetcorn fritters and chilli sauce


Our desserts! Look at them! Oh my goodness. I will have to go back there


Finally my outfit when we got home

No comments:

Post a Comment