Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Lunch and Cinema in Sheffield

On the 18th of March Lee and I headed to Sheffield to meet my cousin Rob and his wife Beth for lunch. We had been meaning to meet up for a while and decided to go to Saigon 68 on London Road which is a fab Vietnamese cafe that we like going to. I went last summer with my friend Lucinda but Lee hadn't been since before the pandemic I don't think. We all arrived at the same time and easily got a table.

I went for vegetarian chicken satay skewers and then a veggie chicken Vietnamese stir fried noodle dish, both of which I've had before and both of which I like. Lee had salt and pepper tofu which was both also love. 

After lunch we popped into the European supermarket across the road from Saigon 68 where I bought some snacks and some pop that you generally can't get in the UK. Then Lee and I went to the cinema! We went to see Scream VI, we're big fans of the whole Scream franchise so I'm glad we decided to go to the cinema to see this one. I really enjoyed it, I think it had a really good story and the main two actors were really good. 

We got home around 6pm and just chilled out for the rest of the day. I was wearing a new Judi Love top that I got recently from Very - it was in the sale and I really like it and the material it is made of. I was wearing it with my Scarlett & Jo net skirt that I've had for years but don't wear very often. I wore my grey Snag tights with pink and yellow hearts on them, they're very cute. 

Then I had a new-to-me pair of Dr Marten shoes. I saw them on Vinted in March for just £25 plus postage, and I still had birthday money to spend so I bought them. Part of one of the buckles is damaged - it still functions but the end doesn't tuck in. It doesn't affect the wearing of the shoe and I think I'll be able to use something else. It made them an absolute bargain and I love them!


Tights and Dr Marten patent double bucked shoes, taken just as we were getting ready to go out 


Our starters


And my main


And here's my outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment