Saturday, April 8, 2023

World Book Day 2023

My book club decided to have a social get together on World Book Day, which we've never done before but would like to make into an annual event! Lynn very generously offered to have us all over to her house. She said she would buy bread and if we could all bring a salad we would have a faith supper. I at first had a prior engagement but then my friend had to cancel, so I could make it to the social! I decided to take mozzarella salad with cucumber and tomatoes, and some pesto to go along side. I didn't put the pesto on as I know not everyone likes it. 

I got to Lynn's about 7pm and was actually the first there although others were very close behind me. Everyone brought something delicious and the vast majority of it was vegetarian which was very exciting for me. Even the quiches were both veggie! Someone also brought some 'nozeco', some alcohol free prosecco, so I had some of that. We helped ourselves to food and sat round Lynn's table to eat. It was so lovely! We had sunken rhubarb cake for pudding with sour cream.

Lynn had also suggested that we each take some books to swap. I am always getting rid of books so I took a bag full. I managed to only come home with one in return, which was a loan from Paula anyway. Go me! We chatted and had coffee. I didn't leave until around 10.30pm! It was so nice to get together and not talk about books! 


All of us at the table before dessert, the picture was taken by Lynn's husband


Look at this beautiful spread! It was so good, I love a faith supper


And here's the rhubarb cake which I wasn't sure about but ended up really enjoying

No comments:

Post a Comment