Sunday, May 31, 2020

What I Wore 9th May

We had some errands to run on the morning of the 9th of May. It ended up really annoying because the bank wasn't open (I had work banking to bank, and couldn't) and the first post office we went to wasn't open either. Well, we managed to get stuff posted and then get some groceries in a small co op. It's ages since I've been in a shop - Lee's been doing all the food shopping - and I wanted to buy some alcohol but the choice wasn't great. Oh well, I got two bottles of wine anyway!

Anyway, here's what I wore. I've been wearing this yellow skirt quite a bit because it's so bright and cheerful and I reckon that's what I need currently. It's from Scarlett & Jo and I've had it forever.

This top started its life as a white crew neck one from Simply Be. I tie dyed it last year while we were camping, but the ties weren't that tight and it didn't work out that well. But I still liked the colour and the slight pattern, so I kept it. I have worn it a couple of times, but the neck was just too tight on me and it put me off.

So I took a pair of scissors to it. I cut carefully around the ribbing on the neck, and then I used my sewing machine on a zigzag stitch to sew the raw edge into the new neckline. It's MUCH better now. It feels a lot more casual and a lot nicer to wear. I can see me wearing this a lot over the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment