Monday, August 3, 2020

Lockdown Holiday Day 4

On Day 4 of our lockdown holiday I had slept horribly so I went back to sleep about 8.30 and woke up just before 11am. I really needed it. It was so hot and I just hadn't slept. It was really lovely to sleep for a bit!

Then we decided to drive over to Huddersfield because we needed some stuff from B&Q, and because I said we should get some Dixon's milk ice. It is a Huddersfield firm and it's fabulous. They have a shop on Leeds Road and one in Lockwood, and they used to have a stall in the market too. They make milk ice, which is not ice cream exactly, it's made with milk not cream so it has a lovely texture and is sweet and delicious. They do flavours, but my favourite is the plain original, served in a tub with a flake, wafers, and raspberry sauce. It's delicious! We ate that then I said we should head up to Castle Hill.

I haven't been there in over a decade, and I wasn't sure how busy it would be, but it was fine. We sat in the sunshine for a bit and then came home. The paddling pool was still in the garden and still really warm, so we sat there for a bit. Lee got in it again.

We had a barbecue for tea as we would usually do that on holiday. We made halloumi kebabs and Lee had chicken, and we made potato salad and had salad and dips too. It was lovely!

Then in the evening I watched Sofie Hagen live online, which was cool!


Milk ice in the car


Panorama from Castle Hill


Castle Hill itself. There's no castle, just this old Victorian water tower


View across Huddersfield


Looking the other way


The sky was absolutely gorgeous and the view from up here is stunning


Kebabs! I love halloumi on the barbecue


And potato salad with spring onions. Gorgeous summer food!

No comments:

Post a Comment