Sunday, August 30, 2020

Lunch Out with Sarah

Towards the end of July I went to Pot House Hamlet which is near my house to meet my friend Sarah for lunch. I haven't seen her since, like, February, and I've really missed her. We've been texting of course, and we video chatted once in lockdown, but it was nice to see her in person. 

I went to Pot House Hamlet a few weeks previously for ice cream, and was impressed how well it was set out inside. It felt like things were really sensibly laid out and I said I wouldn't mind going inside. I said this to Sarah, but we could also have sat outside too as the weather was nice. The table we ended up at wasn't surrounded by others so we were pretty okay. 

The menu at Pot House isn't huge, and they've got rid of my favourite thing off it, which is a shame. But I had spiced beans on toast, with a soya yoghurt dressing, with tomatoes and salad. It was vegan, and very delicious. I would have it again and would love to recreate it at home. With that I had twice cooked chips with truffle oil and parmesan. 

The service was a bit slow, and I'm not sure if that was being of staffing numbers or new measures in place or what. But we each got a millionaire's shortbread and a coffee for dessert. I also got a slice of chocolate cake to take home for Lee. 

I was wearing my blue dress with a pattern like a china plate on it, I love it and pulled it out of the wardrobe. It's from George at Asda originally, but a fair few years ago now. I like to pair it with a wide belt from Evans. It's a nice summer outfit. 

I hadn't slept very well the night before for a few reasons, so I went to bed for a nap when I got home!


I've never had this flavour of Belvoir presse before, and I really liked it. Sweet, cucumbery, crisp and delicious


Fancy beans on toast!


And delicious chips


Millionaire's shortbread. All the cakes are homemade


And here's my outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment