Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Bottomless Brunch in York

In the middle of August I went to York to see my friends Katie and Kate. You may remember that I went to university with them, way back between 2002 and 2005, and we lived together the whole time! I see Katie more often as she lives in Wakefield, but it is always so nice to catch up with Kate. We were at York St John uni so we like to meet up in York as it reminds us of those days!

Lee and I picked Katie up in Wakefield and we had a good drive to York. I'm always a bit paranoid about traffic but we had set off in plenty of time. Lee dropped us off just at the end of Lendal and as we were walking across the road Kate caught up to us as she was coming from the station! Lee went to park and then he went round York by himself for a bit, he went in the record shops and the geek shops, and he had a roast turkey sandwich and a mint hot chocolate and a milkshake, so he was absolutely fine! I'm really glad he brought us though. 

Kate and Katie and I went into Lush for a mooch around. I got some of the sugar scrub from the new Barbie collection, it smells really nice so I can't wait to use it. We then went down to Manahatta where we had booked a table for bottomless brunch. We were a bit early but we were able to sit down anyway. We were on a really high table which was a bit difficult to climb into for me and Kate (she's short) but once we were sitting down it was fine. 

I went for smashed avocado and poached eggs on sour dough toast, which was perfectly nice. We sampled nearly every drink in the bottomless brunch I think - prosecco, apple spritz, Aperol spritz, two types of vodka and mixers, and something else that I've forgotten right now. We had two hours and the server was really quick which was good. It is worth the money but the food wasn't brilliant so I probably wouldn't go again.

After that we went round the corner to the Slug and Lettuce where I had two Sex on the Beach cocktails which were nice. We sat in the sort of porch area as there were no tables inside and it had been raining, but the porch was fine. We then went for a last drink in the Golden Lion, stopping off at a print shop and a fudge shop on the way. By this time it was 5pm and Lee had come back to pick us up from near the Minster. We said goodbye to Kate and were soon home where I definitely needed a lie down after drinking so much! I don't drink alcohol a lot anymore (it interferes with my medication) so it definitely hits me when I do! 

I was wearing a very cute heart/cherry print dress that I got quite recently from Lady V Vintage. I think I said at the time that I had got four in the sale - two are this style and two are a slightly different style. I hadn't worn this one before and thought it was really cute for the day! I had my Barbie colour Snag Tights on too. The dress is slightly too big on my chest, but I've decided it's fine!


I took this selfie just as we got seated in Manahatta. My lipstick is just a Rimmel one but I really love it


My lunch


Gorgeous Kate and Katie


This was the orchard apple spritz which I think was my favourite of the drinks


My nails were this lovely teal colour - it's from A England and is the shade called Galahad 


I think this was the strawberry vodka and lemonade we got at the end


And we got shots


They didn't like the earlier photo of them so made me take another... This one passed the test


And we made sure to take a photo of all of us. I was wearing my black shrug too


More drinks and more fun! We talked about all kinds of things


Me and Katie in the Slug and Lettuce


And finally my outfit when I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment