Saturday, September 2, 2023

Films of the Month - June

I watched thirteen films in June and enjoyed all of them! Here's what I saw: 


I had been meaning to watch Mrs Harris Goes to Paris for ages and finally got round to it. It's a cute enough film and I liked Lesley Manville in it a lot


As Lee and I had been in Northern Ireland I had learnt more about Bobby Sands so watched this, with Michael Fassbender in the lead role. It is obviously a hard and harrowing watch, but I am glad I saw it


I watched Love Lizzo which was very uplifting. I really like Lizzo's whole thing; she comes across as very genuine and it was really interesting to learn more about her life


I LOVED Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret when I was a tween, so I was really excited to see the film. It COMPLETELY lived up to my expectations. I loved it so much! The kid playing Margaret was perfect. I may have to revisit the book...


The BBC recommend Whisky Galore - the 2016 remake - to me, so I took a chance and ended up really liking it. Eddie Izzard is of course great


I finally saw the last To All The Boys I've Loved Before film. I have seen it before, but had forgotten most of it. It's so cute, and that has meant that I could finally start watching XO Kitty!


I can't remember who recommended Mixtape to me but I'm so glad they did. It's SO cute. It made me feel about nine hundred years old because kids these don't know what a mixtape is or how to acquire music, but the portrayal of exactly how we did that in 1999 was just perfect. I was fifteen in 1999 so a little bit older than the girls in this film but I still FELT it very much in my soul. This is such a cute film and I would really recommend it 


Lee and I had been talking about 101 Dalmatians and he's not sure he ever saw it as a kid, so we watched it together and then chose some other classic Disney films to watch while we were on holiday. I don't love this one but I do like it enough!


We then watched The Aristocats which I do really love - my friend Chloe told me I am exactly Marie! Hah! 


Netflix had this documentary about members of the "27 Club" eg Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, and so on. It didn't go into much depth but I did learn some new stuff


I had been listening to two episodes about Tonya Harding on the podcast You're Wrong About - from which I learnt a lot of info, I really recommend the podcast in general but especially these episodes - and thought I would watch this film again in the light of that. Margot Robbie and Seb Stan are both so good - I am as I write this really looking forward to seeing Barbie next weekend!


I have had this biopic of Kenneth Williams starring Michael Sheen on my to watch list for absolutely ages and I finally got round to it. It was interesting and Michael Sheen is great, but I wouldn't rush to watch it again


Finally, on the second day of our holiday and after choosing some DVDs from the compex library, Lee and I watched Walk the Line. I absolutely love this film, I have ever since I saw it with my parents and Lee hack in 2005 when it came out

No comments:

Post a Comment