Sunday, September 24, 2023

Morning Out with Lee in Barnsley

Lee and I weren't doing anything on the first weekend in August so we decided to go into Barnsley for some stuff. We parked on Market Hill and went down the arcade, because I wanted to go to Coven, which does piercings and tattoos. I follow the piercer, Emily, on instagram and wanted to pop in. I've been thinking about getting different jewellery for my conch piercings for a while. I could have bought online but I was just confused about what I wanted, and also wasn't sure what length or guage I would need, so I thought it would be better to go in. Emily is really lovely and it was really nice to meet her. I had been considering a ring but Emily suggested a chain instead. I ended up with an opal fronted stud with a chain in my left ear, and I also ordered a crescent for my right ear, so I'll have to go back to get that put in. It was much better to get a professional to change it, I'll tell you that!

After that we went into Specsavers because I wanted to order some new glasses, but apparently I needed an appointment to do that which was really annoying. We also went into a few jewellery shops as I have been wanting to buy some sapphire earrings for a while, to match the sapphire rings I now own (one which my mum bought me for Christmas 2021 and one which I've recently inherited from my grandma). I had no luck in the shops which was annoying. 

Lee wanted to go to Game so I went into Coffee Boy and had a vanilla latte while I waited. They do really nice coffee and I always forget until I go again! When Lee came back we wandered a bit more and then ended up in Urban burger for lunch. It's new in the town centre. It was quite nice - I should have got the small burger though because it was really big! The chips were nice and we shared a chocolate milkshake which was really nice.

On our way back to the car I went and asked the jewellery stall on the market if they had any sapphire earrings. I have asked them before and they didn't, but this time they had this unusual pair. They're lovely dark sapphires (she complimented my rings, too) AND they were cheaper than what I wanted to spend! Bargain! I was really pleased and Lee likes them because they're an unusual shape. I'm really pleased with them. 

Next we went to the Range because we wanted to buy new paint to repaint the bathroom. It's been a kind of terracotta colour for ages but we wanted to put up a new cabinet and repaint in a grey colour. We also bought stuff like toothbrushes and deodorant, nothing exciting. 

We got home where I got Lee to take this picture of me in my new hoodie. The hot pink one I had was just too big for me so I decided I would like another one. I found this one on Vinted and it was about £10.50. When it arrived I realised it was from Simply Be and still had the tags on! I am really pleased about that! I love the baby pink colour and it's really cosy.

We had got a new bathroom cabinet for free on Facebook and it had stood on the landing for literally over a year I think. It's quite heavy so it needed both of us to put it up. We did that as soon as we got home and it looks really good! I'm looking forward to when it's painted, too. 


This is some of the artwork in Coven - yo ucan tell you're in Barnsley when in 2023 there's an anti Thatcher poster... 


Coffee in Coffee Boy

I didn't get a picture of my lunch!


These are the earrings, I am so pleased to finally get some and will look forward to wearing these


Here's my new baby pinl hoodie. I was also wearing a Scarlett & Jo skirt


And here's my ear! You can see the new chain on the conch piercing. I love my conch piercings but had just never bothered to change the jewellery - I had the first one done in 2009 and the second one done in 2019, so it was about time they got changed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment