Friday, September 29, 2023

Bottomless Lunch in Sheffield with Lolly and Georgina

In the middle of August I went to Sheffield to meet Lolly and Georgina for lunch. Lolly brought her son Franklin too as he was on holiday - he is a very sweet and polite kid though so I like to see him. Georgina had been raving about a place called Tsuki on West Street which has bottomless brunch including cocktails and wanted us to go, so we had made a time. I got the train from Barnsley and then the tram from the station and it turned out great for me and not too strenuous so I would definitely do that again. I will also say that the person at the ticket office was really helpful and explained how he could sell me a train and tram ticket combined which would save me money and which was really useful information, and is the kind of thing that people need ticket offices for! Save our ticket offices! 

When I arrived the others were already seated and s server quickly came over to us to show us how it went. You can order four dishes and one drink each every fifteen minutes, and you get two hours. That would add up to a really whole load of both food and alcohol! If I went again I think I would get just a couple of dishes at a time. They do arrive sporadically but I also think if I could have taken it more slowly I might have eaten more food! 

There weren't tons of vegetarian options but definitely enough. I had avocado maki, sweet potato tempura sushi, a miso and aubergine dish, vegetable tempura, and way more. The sushi was so well made and not tiny pieces either, I really liked it. Georgina and I were drinking and I had some lovely drinks - the tequila sunrise and the bramble were my faves. I would definitely go back, and take Lee, because even though he doesn't drink sushi adds up quickly and soft drinks were included too. 

We stayed for ages, chatting and so on. The restaurant is really nice inside - Georgina likes it because it is wheelchair acessible for her. There's also a flower wall so before we went Lolly took my picture. I was wearing this green and polka dot dress from Yours Clothing that I got in mid June. I do feel a tiny bit self conscious in it but I'm going to wear it anyway until I don't feel so self conscious! I wore it on my shoulders this time although it does fit and looks good off shoulder too. 

I got the tram back to the station and then got the train back to my village where Lee picked me up just after 5pm. Thank you Tsuki, I will be back!


Tequila Sunrise - the cocktails were so nice and not watered down! 


Laura and Franklin


Georgina and me


All four of us! Just before food arrived


This was sweet potato tempura sushi and was so nice!


And finally my lovely green dress as we were leaving

No comments:

Post a Comment