Friday, September 8, 2023

Shopping and Lunch with Gillian

My friend Gillian invited me to meet her at Meadowhall one Sunday morning because she wanted to go to Kenji and buy cute stuff, and I'm always up for looking at cute stuff in Kenji! We met there around 11am and went in a few more shops before heading to Yo Sushi for lunch. 

I think I've said before that since lockdown it just hasn't been the same there. It's obvious they've cut down on staffing numbers which means it's hard to get hold of something if you want something as they just want you to use the app. Also, each time I've been there's been some kind of problem so items have been unavailable. It's really disappointing because I really enjoy the food and they have plenty of vegetarian choices. This time the fryer was out of order meaning that fries, pumpkin katsu, and gyoza weren't available, all of which I would have liked to eat.

But! We did have some delicious sushi and we chatted a lot. Gillian and I have always been able to have deep conversations, ever since we first knew each other aged sixteen! I trust her implicitly and I know she will never judge me, which is something I really appreciate in a friend!

We walked to Millie's Cookie together and bought a few each to take home. It was nice to be back early so I could relax for the rest of the day. I wore one of my Scarlett and Jo dresses, a navy one with a lovely blue and pink floral pattern on the skirt. 


Some of the sushi I did manage to have


The inari pockets are SO good!


Gillian and I in Yo Sushi, which in Meadowhall is just in the middle of the mall


And here I am when I got home, in one of my beloved Scarlett and Jo dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment