Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Lunch and Barbie with my Cousin

As I said previously, Lee was in London at the end of July so I was home alone on the Sunday. I knew I wanted to see the Barbie film in the cinema so I thought I would go to the new Cineworld in Barnsley. However, then I thought that my (step)cousin Nirosha might want to see it with me so I asked her if she wanted to meet me at Meadowhall and have some lunch first. She did want to, so we booked it and planned it. I left my house at about noon. I had thought I was  going to wear a pink off the shoulder dress but when I went to look for it I came across this pink spotted one instead and changed my mind! 

We met at Las Iguanas at 12.45, we both like the food there. I went for nachos with veggie chilli and cauliflower bites. Las Iguanas always have 2-for-1 on their cocktails and mocktails, so we got two Berry Fizz and had one each. It was really nice! Nirosha doesn't drink alcohol and I was driving otherwise I might have been tempted into two cocktails instead!

I thought the film was absolutely brilliant - really funny and meta and it looked brilliant. I like Margot Robbie anyway and she was great, and I didn't know Kate McKinnon was in it so that was really good to see too! Then of course Sharon Rooney as Lawyer Barbie! Perfect! All her costumes were amazing, too. PLUS Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls is one of my favourite songs so I was DYING every time it came on in Barbie's car! I really want to see it again because I think I missed a lot of details. The screen was really full and loads of people were wearing pink and it really felt like a nice celebration. 

I had dug out some of my favourite pink accessories to go with my dress. I also had new Snag tights - they emailed a few weeks ago with details of their new shade "Barbara" so a week or so before the film I ordered some, as well as some black footless tights because mine had gone all bobbly. I ordered the pink ones as "capris", but I wasn't sure how long they would be on me. As it is, they come nearly down to my ankle so are perfect for the summer. I LOVE the bright pink shade!


I've had this necklace forever and wear it periodically, but it was perfect for Barbie


These earrings are the ones I bought at Copy That Zine Fest


I've no idea where this particular bracelet came from but when I was a teenager we wore hundreds of heart bracelets a bit like this


Aren't the tights BRIGHT? I love that! I am going to wear these with other stuff too. I took this photo just before I went out, with my white Converse


Here we are in Las Iguanas


My food


And in the Barbie box after the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment