Monday, December 4, 2023

Fall Out Boy and an Escape Room in Leeds

On Friday the 27th of October Sam and Jacqui and I had tickets to see Fall Out Boy in Leeds. We had had the tickets for ages and we were all looking forward to it. I haven't ever seen them as I'm not the hugest fan, but Sam and Jac have both seen them before. We booked to go to Oba, which is nearby and which does Korean and Japanese food, for bottomless brunch beforehand. 

Then we added on an escape room first! We had it booked for a few weeks before but had to cancel, so we rebooked it for the same day. I got the train from Barnsley and we met in The Light near where the escape room is. Jac had brought bracelets for Sam and I - I don't know if you've seen the youths swapping bracelets at Taylor Swift gigs and stuff, but we were leaning into that! I love it. 

The escape room was Doctor Who themed. We did a Blackbeard themed one back in June I think for Sam's birthday and we only just escaped. The same happened here! It was a cool room, and Jodie Whittaker voiced the introduction! I think I personally did better than I had last time as I understood the whole thing a lot better. I got more into looking at every tiny thing to see what it contained. We also asked for way less help from the gamesmaster than we did before so I think we did really well! We escaped in about 55 minutes!

Next we went down to the hotel in the Light for Sam and Jac to check in because they were staying overnight. It was about 4.30 so we had a bit of a rest in their room while really helped me. I laid in the middle of their two beds and read mt book, as well as charging my phone for a little bit. My phone isn't doing so well at battery anymore and I get panicked, so it was good.

We set off to the Merrion Centre about 5.15 and got to Oba just before our booking. We were seated upstairs. On the bottomless brunch you get starters to share (two of which are vegetarian) and then a choice of main courses so I went for tofu katsu curry. The drinks flowed really well - we hadn't finished one before they were offering more! We also had prosecco included! They were very generous with the drinks and the food was good too.

We were really quite drunk by the time we left at 7pm. But we wandered up to the arena and got in easily and up to our seats. We had good seats with no one in front of us, so we had a good view. PVRIS were supporting and they were extremely boring, so we didn't really watch them. But then Fall Out Boy were so good! I really enjoyed myself! They played a bunch of stuff I do like, and there was a bit where Patrick was alone on stage with a piano and he played Don't Stop Believing which sounded brilliant with his voice. They also played Crazy Train which was really good. The stage show was really fun too with a lot changing, it was good to watch. It finished about 11 and we walked back down to the Light and then Lee came to pick me up. I'm so glad we went to the gig as I really liked it!


My bracelet from Jac


We escaped! Jacqui is holding a sonic screwdriver because she is of course the Doctor


In Oba a bit later


Raspberry Coolers, which were delicious


Apple Sours, which were fine


Here I am giddy with three drinks!


Sam took this of her and Jac


Starters - I had the sushi pieces and some of the edamame beans


My tofu katsu curry - there was an absolute mountain of tofu and I didn't eat it all!


In the arena waiting for FOB


Right at the start!


Later on - that dog puppet thing was huge and absolutely terrifying


Pete asked everyone in the stands to turn their lights on on their phones so of course we all did


And here are my celestial tights when we got home - perfect for the stardust tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment