Thursday, December 14, 2023

Films of the Month - October

I only watched seven films in October which is a really low number, but I'm not worrying about it. It just hasn't been the year for films. That's okay! Some years are and some aren't. Firstly it was because I was on holiday and Lee and I watched two films there but often watch seven or more if we're away in a cottage. We took my Chromebook on holiday and managed to stream two films though for a couple of evenings. Once we got back I wasn't too well so I find it easier to watch short TV programmes in that case rather than films. Then at the end of the month I was really busy so didn't have much time free for films! It's fine, though.

Here's what I did see:


I watched Harley and Katya because Netflix recommended it to me. It's a documentary about two figure skaters. Katya took her own life when she was just twenty, which is really sad. It's really interesting if you have any interest in figure skating - I sort of do because of stuff I've learnt about Tonya Harding and stuff like that. I find it so interesting because it seems so punishing


Lee and I watched Hook on holiday. I haven't seen it since I was a little girl, when my dad took me to the cinema in Wakefield to see it and bought me a box of Fruit Pastilles to eat while we watched it. RIP ABC Cinema. It's a good film, I would watch it again


Next we watched Jurassic Park while on holiday which Lee really likes. I don't really care about it, but it's inoffensive enough to watch. I was lying on the bed with the warm breeze coming in the patio door, just to give you a visual haha


I wanted to watch some Halloween films towards the end of the month, so I watched this because it was on Netflix. I have seen it before, way back at the beginning of the century, but I had forgotten a lot of it. Parts of it are funny but parts of it are truly, truly terrible. The world has moved on from this kind of shit, I think. Do not recommend


I have never seen Chicago, can you believe?! It is definitely my type of thing because I really like Catherine Zeta Jones and Renee Zellweger and musicals, but I just hadn't ever bothered. I really liked it, I thought it was really good!


Netflix thought I might like A Babysitter's Guide to Monster Hunting so I watched it just before Halloween. I really liked it, it's really cute in a teen kind of way and I would recommend it. It's not scary, but it is fun. Tom Felton was great


Finally I finally got around to watching Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. I've heard of it before, of course, and have had it on my to watch list for literally years, but I hadn't got round to it. I really enjoyed it - Gary Oldman and Tim Roth are both brilliant. I would watch this again

No comments:

Post a Comment