Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Weekend in the Dales - Day 4

We had to go home on Sunday but we had had such a nice time on our trip, it felt like a real treat. We had to check out by 11am, and we managed to get going a bit before that actually, with everything loaded into the cars. Then we went to see the waterfall in West Burton where we were staying. We parked near it but it's actually really close to walk from the village centre. It's really nice - there's a bridge over the river and I'm sure in the summer you could paddle in the water and go under the waterfall too. I'd love to go back then! We took lots of photos. 

Then we drove to Aysgarth Falls to look at the falls there. This was way less accessible than in West Burton which is a real shame, but my mum, stepdad, and I managed to get out of the car and look at the water. My mum and I also went in the craft shop there, but we didn't buy anything. 

Then we went back up the hill to the top of Aysgarth Falls where we went to the pub for lunch. My mum had booked it which was good because it got really busy. We had a main course and a dessert each and some drinks. The food was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed it, but the service was sooo sloooow. We had to ask for drinks more than once, and we waited absolutely ages for the main course to be cleared and to be asked if we wanted desserts, and then when we had ordered them they took half an hour to come. It was annoying! Plus the food isn't cheap so it really needs to have better service!

But I had a beautiful vegetarian pie with Sunday dinner trimmings which was just delicious and exactly what I wanted to eat on such a cold day. Then I had chocolate brownie which was really nice too. After we had finally eaten and got the bill we said goodbye to each other and then set off home. Lee and I had a nap when we got home because we hadn't slept well while away. I had been wearing this Scarlett & Jo dress that I bought off Vinted last year. I think I've only worn it once before though. It's perfect for a winter day and I really like it! 


Info board near the waterfall


The bridge over the river


Looking up towards the waterfall


The water wasn't too high but it was very mucky looking


The waterfall, it was so lovely


My mum and I liked the moss growing on this bench, too


We were standing on the bridge looking the other way here. It would be amazing to swim here on a hot day!


Looking from the bridge up to the waterfall


Me and Lee on the bridge


Look at all the foam! We were getting splashed


I wonder how far this cave goes, too 


Aysgarth Falls


This bit is a bit better without the scaffolding in it!


Looking over the other side of the bridge


Here we all are in the pub, before it got very busy


Pie, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, pureed carrot and swede, vegetables, and Yorkshire pudding. It was SO nice!


Outside the pub


My mum wanted a photo of this sheep. She and I went outside to get something from the car


My mum had affogato for pudding, which she liked (the coffee is on the other side of the glass haha)


My dessert


And finally my dress when we got home. I love the pattern on this skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment