Sunday, December 17, 2023

Lunch Out with Book Club

At the beginning of November it was the tenth anniversary of my book club. I started going very near the beginning, but then I had to not go for a while because I was doing my MA which had stuff on Wednesday evenings. But then I have been going now for a really long time! I love book club because it makes me read books I wouldn't otherwise choose, and because we have a lot of different life experiences within the group which always makes for interesting discussions. As always, you can find my book reviews here on my book blog

Ceri organised for us to go to Kin, which is sort of near Denby Dale. I haven't been before but I've heard it's nice. There were a lot of vegetarian choices on the menu so I wasn't sure what to get. I went for smashed avocado on sourdough toast, with poached eggs, feta, pickled onion, and chilli jam. It was lush! I also had a latte which was nice. We were all sat chatting, and then we all moved round a bit so we could talk to some different people. We ordered coffee and cakes and shared the cakes between us which was nice. I had a little bit of a blondie that had Mars Bar in it, I think, and part of a millionaire's shortbread. 

I set off back when everyone else did and picked Lee up so we could go to the craft fair at Silkstone parish church that happens every year. It was just closing up as we got there which was a shame but we had a quick look round and I bought a couple of baubles. Once I got back I just relaxed for the rest of the night!

I was wearing this old Scarlett & Jo dress which I got on Vinted some time in 2022 and have only worn once before I think. I like the vintage type print to it. I was slightly overdressed for the venue but it felt nice. I was wearing these sparkly star tights from Snag - they're some of my favourites so in winter I wear them a lot! I put my DM boots on as well which was good because it was really rainy. I had put on a smidge of make up to go out in - lipstick, some concealer, and some highlighter on my cheeks.


My face outside just as I arrived. I'm really trying to get into the habit of wearing just a tiny bit of make up if I want to. It's hard because I feel like I should do 'more', but I hate wearing a full face. And actually this looks nice!


My brunch, it was lovely


All eleven of us that were there. There's about fifteen of us in book club but not everyone is always there. I'm happy to be part of it!


This lovely S&J dress when I got home. I really will try to wear it more often!


And sparkly tights! I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment