Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Weekend in the Dales - Day 1

In the middle of November we went to Wensleydale for the weekend with my mum and stepdad. We had booked it in August I think and when it got to it I was really looking forward to it. It felt like the beginning of Christmas because it was nice and cold and festive! It was lovely to spend the time with my mum and stepdad too. 

Lee and I set off at about 1pm I think, I can't remember for sure now actually. I drove there so he could do some work from his phone. We stopped at Skelton just north of Leeds for lunch, and I had an amazing burrito with vegan chilli and plenty of guacamole. Lee had KFC I think. We got to West Burton where we were staying at about 3.20 and were able to check in straight away. We got the heating on because it was freezing! My mum and stepdad arrived not long afterwards. They had been to Bedale to meet some friends for lunch first before coming over. 

Lee was still working so the rest of us sat about for a bit and I did some crochet before we set off about 7pm to the local pub to get food. However, it turned out the kitchen was shut, which was a bit unfortunate. The landlady told us to go to Street Head Inn which was about a mile away. When we got there we weren't sure if we could get in because there was a meeting going on, but they found us a table in the restaurant. The pub is really nice and cosy and I would recommend it. 

We got back to a warmer house and relaxed for the rest of the night! I was wearing my heart print Simply Be dress which is nice and warm so good for the winter. I was also wearing a pair of heart print tights from Snag that I've had for a while but haven't worn often. I paired them with a pair of Kickers shoes that I got from Vinted earlier in the year and haven't worn yet. They're more winter shoes really! They're so cute, I love them. They're sort of a suede effect leather and I love the colour. I bought them for less than fifteen pounds all in, and they're in really good condition! They do have a few scratches on the front but firstly they're not very visible and secondly I will only scratch them myself so I don't really care! They're comfy too.


Heart print tights with nubuck pale Kickers dolly shoes - I do love dolly shoes so much!


Oh I also bought this lemon cheesecake from a deli in our village for us to eat while we were away - it was really nice! Not as good as my mum's but still pretty delicious


My heart print dress last thing at night before I took it off to go to bed!


Finally I took this photo on Friday morning but I'll post it here anyway. This was the cottage we stayed in - it had attached neighbours to the left and behind, but it was nice and private and comfortable anyway. My mum and stepdad got the bigger room, but they both had en suite bathrooms and there was  a downstairs loo too 


No comments:

Post a Comment