Sunday, December 10, 2023

Meeting Up with Friends in Huddersfield

On the 29th of October I headed over to Huddersfield to meet up with friends. There are five of us who went to sixth form college there together and still have a group chat. We try to meet up, but all five of us haven't been in the same place at the same time since 2015! I do see Gillian, Amy, and Michelle more often, but I hadn't seen Ailsa since the end of 2019. It was well overdue! She was up in Huddersfield at a spa weekend for some other friends' 40th birthdays, so we organised for all five of us to meet up on the Sunday at Northern Tea House, which I only visited for the first time quite recently.

Unfortunately, Gillian then couldn't come on the day as she was ill, but the rest of us still could. I set off nice and early and met up with Ailsa about 11.30. We got a table quite quickly, and we ordered some drinks while we were waiting. Amy arrived just after twelve, and it honestly felt like old times when the three of us would get together when we were home from uni. Michelle texted and told us to order as she'd be a bit late, so we did. 

I went for Yorkshire rarebit with mushrooms, which was absolutely delicious. I would eat it again! Michelle arrived and ordered her food, so the rest of us chatted while she ate. We never run out of things to talk about, which I think is one of the beautiful things about having been friends for twenty three years! We ordered cake but I don't think I took a picture of it. Mine was Victoria sponge, which was delicious. 

I managed to get a photo of all four of us before Ailsa had to leave about 3pm. The rest of us sat chatting for a while longer before we said goodbye at about 4pm and went back to the car park together. I was absolutely exhausted but really glad I'd been! I was wearing some more bat tights from Snag - black this time with white bats, and this leopard print red dress that I got a few weeks ago. I really like it, it's comfy to wear but looks really fun. 


Tights and boots before I set off


Chai latte - I love chai latte so was happy to see it on the menu!


Ailsa and I - it was so lovely to see her


Rarebit with mushrooms and chutney


All four of us - one Greenhead Girl down but it was still nice to see the others!


And finally my dress when I got home

No comments:

Post a Comment