Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Brunch with Friends

On Friday the 29th of December I went to Wakefield to meet some friends for brunch. We had been due to meet up the week before but Stacey wasn't well so we rescheduled. Stacey and I see each other fairly often, but our friend Gemma (we all went to school together in the 90s!) is working in Ecuador at the moment so she's only home for a few weeks at a time. She's moving soon, though, so we will hopefully be able to see her more. It is nice when we meet up and I'm glad we were able to. 

We arranged to go to Bob and Bert's in Trinity Walk in Wakefield. The place where it is has been a few things over the years but I hadn't been in this one. Still, there were a lot of spaces when we got there so we got a booth. The menu is pretty big and there are quite a few vegetarian options so that was good for me. I went for a vegan breakfast wrap and a candy cane hot chocolate, which were both lovely. 

We were chatting for ages; Stacey's husband and son came in too briefly so it was nice to see them too. We got some pudding and another drink - I went for a mint slice but unfortunately it had coconut in it so I didn't like it very much. 

We said goodbye to Gemma at about 1.30 I think, and then I popped into Lush with Stacey. I had been in the Lush sale before I met her and Gemma and bought a few things, and then Stacey wanted to go too, so I went back in with her and bought a couple more bits. Whoops! I had money from Christmas though and I know this will last me ages. I need to book somewhere with a bath so I can have a long soak or three with the bath bombs! 

I was wearing my Cheers Queers t shirt from The Spark Company, it's pretty new and I only bought it because Stacey sent it to me as she thought I would like it! I love it. I wore it with my purple Scarlett and Jo skirt which I wear really often, sparkly tights, and my new rainbow chenille cardigan. I got it from Simply Be recently and it's really cosy and soft. 


We remembered to get a photo just before we said bye, Gemma took it!


Vegan brunch wrap - it had veggie sausages, avocado, salsa, and spinach, I think. It was really nice


My mint slice which was disappointing


My outfit when I got back


Here's what I got in the sale - three gift sets, each of which had something in that I really wanted, and something I'm willing to try, some Snow Fairy, and some soap! Gorgeous! I got some Snow Fairy from my mother in law too so I'm well set


No comments:

Post a Comment