Sunday, February 4, 2024

Lunch Out on 17th December

On the 17th of December Lee and I were at a bit of a loss as to what to do. We didn't have anything planned and we could have done literally anything! We both had jobs to do later in the day (including wrapping each other's presents) so decided to not go too far but to go out for lunch. I decided we would go to Fox House Inn which is on the way towards Holmfirth past Millhouse Green. We've been before - two years ago we went on Christmas Eve and it was just a lovely piece of calm during all the madness. It's a really lovely country pub, in the middle of nowhere, that serves immense portions of home cooked food. It sounded like just what I wanted. 

We got there about 11.45 and it wasn't yet open so we sat in the car for a bit longer. It was blowing a gale up there! A few other parties started to arrive but I knew we would get a table as it's quite a big pub and it wasn't that busy. We were told to sit wherever, so we sat at the table we sat at least time as far as I remember! The pub has a really nice atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. 

Lee and I both had Yorkshire puddings with onion gravy to start with and then Lee had roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings and I had a mushroom stroganoff with chips. The food was absolutely gorgeous and we just had a really nice time chatting to each other and just relaxing. When we got home we tidied up the bedroom a bit and then did our chores each, but I'm glad we took the time to do this. I would recommend the pub if you're in the area!

I was wearing my red leopard print dress from Very, as it wasn't that cold of a day and I put my cardigan on just in case it was colder in the pub, but it wasn't. I was wearing some sparkly Snag Tights that I've been wearing a lot as they're so festive, and this patent pair of boots that I bought autumn 2022 but which I had put away because I've been wearing my Dr Marten ones! They popped up on Timehop so I dug them out again. They're really comfy and just look a bit fancy. 


The Christmas tree in the Fox House Inn looked absolutely lovely! 


My boots and tights before we set off


I took this picture of Lee and didn't realise until I got home that he had his eyes shut! 


Here I am


Oh yeah I had a lovely glass of red, it was recommended by the bartender and it was nice!


Yorkshire puddings and onion gravy, oh my


Lee's roast turkey


My mushroom stroganoff


And here's me in my Very dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment