Monday, February 19, 2024

What I Wore December 28th

On the day after Boxing Day Lee and I stayed at my mum's for a bit to see my stepcousin and co again, but we didn't stay long once they arrived. We did see my cousin smash up a dome cake that my mum had bought, haha. 

It was so nice to be at home again. The cats were happy to be back too. I had some time by myself watching some of the Christmas specials that had been on the television over Christmas, and I did some writing as I desperately wanted to get over 200,000 words for 2023. I had signed up for 250,000 but due to it being a really crappy year for many reasons I just hadn't managed that. But I am pleased I had got over 200k, that is really good. We had an early night so that we could both sleep!

On Thursday our friends Leanne and Adi came over with their little girl, April. We hadn't seen them since February (thanks to the aforementioned crappy year) but always like to get together over Christmas or near it. They had sent us a cheese hamper (some bits seen below) and we had bought them a voucher for the cinema and some snacks to go with it as they like going to the cinema. April has been taken ever since she was a tiny baby! 

We just did a simple buffet for lunch. I did some cheese and crackers as you can see below, and we got some sandwiches, some crisps, some dips, and so on. Nothing complicated but it was lovely. Leanne and Adi brought some cake and we had some Christmas chocolates too of course. We played Mario Kart and Leanne and I chatted about our favourite conspiracy theorists. They left about 4.30 and I relaxed for the rest of the day. Lee did too! 

I didn't take many photos but I was wearing my galaxy print dress from Topsy Curvy, it's so comfy to wear but looks so nice, I love it. I was wearing my new lilac and green checked cardigan which is also really cosy and comfy. It was from Simply Be just a few weeks ago 


My stepcousin gave my cheese board 6.5/10 which is not a bad score. The cheeses were from the hamper that Leanne and Adi sent us, and the chutney was from the hamper Lee's brother gave us


Here's my outfit later in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment