Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Christmas Day 2023

Christmas Day was a nice one for us, very quiet as there were just the four of us. We have had Christmas Day without my grandma before, but it was different this year given that she died in January. We had a nice day, eating as we usually do with starter around 1pm and lunch around 3.30pm and we didn't eat pudding until about 7.30. We played some games and Lee and I played Super Mario Wonder together which was fun. I've been playing it for weeks and have nearly finished it but Lee hadn't played it at all. 

I had mushroom terrine to start with which was only okay. Then for my main I had a parsnip and mushroom wreath thing, but honestly it wasn't that nice and I wouldn't bother again. For dessert we had a chocolate orange cheesecake but it hadn't set properly so my mum had put the topping in the freezer so it was like ice cream and biscuit, but it was really nice. 

I got some lovely presents, including some boots and some sparkly Converse from my mum (which she got on Vinted!) and a mini sticker printer from Lee! I'm looking forward to taking that on holiday so I can print off photos and journal them as we're going! It'll be so cute to use in my bullet journal. You can print words, too, which is good. 

I made a cheese sauce to go with the cauliflower which I usually do, I don't have many skills but that is one of them. I also made the bread sauce and made the table look fancy. I joined in a few Christmas swaps as usual so I'll show you those at some point.

I was wearing this Simply Be dress from a few years ago, I love it and it's so fancy so perfect for Christmas. I was wearing sparkly tights from Snag which I've worn all the way through December really. 


Bucks Fizz in the morning, a lovely way to start the day


Lee got me this Barbie print which I will have to put up on the wall


And he also got me this yarn kit to make a Christmas blanket with, I may leave it until next year though!


My friend Philippa got me this print which I really love and which will also have to go on the wall haha


Lee bought me Elastica on vinyl. We listened to it on Boxing Day and it was great


My mum had seen this mystery book thing at a craft fair and decided to get me one as she was intrigued


And this is what was inside! I will read this as I bet his life is interesting


Lee got a dinosaur


The table looking all fancy before we started eating


We sort of got all four of us in to one photo


These are the boots my mum got me. We bought them in Sheffield when we were there at the beginning of December


I bought this t shirt for Lee as this is in fact exactly who he is


He got me Martha Wainwright on vinyl. I used to love her but hadn't listened to any of her stuff in a long time. So I'm looking forward to sitting down with this


The Converse my mum bought me! Aren't they ace?


Here I am making cheese sauce


And here's my dress in a better view, I love it!


My parsnip and mushroom wreath


Here's my plate! I love Christmas dinner!


One of the swaps I joined in with and I have to say both these books look ideal for me


Ice cream and cheesecake bottom - really yummy if just a bit different from how we planned it


A sticker I printed off!


Here's the printer itself, isn't it cute

No comments:

Post a Comment