Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Friday December 22nd

As is customary for Lee and I before Christmas, we headed up to Durham to see his family. We generally go for a couple of days, but because his dad was busy on Christmas Eve we had to go on the Friday and the Saturday instead. Lee was working Christmas Eve technically so we weren't able to set off straight away. Instead I went out to meet Chloe for coffee and lunch in the morning. December was incredibly difficult for me and she really let me just talk which was so lovely of her and really helped. I had had the same the day before too when I met up with my friend Katie - it was really nice of her to invite me over and it was really nice to see Chloe too. 

I got home just before 2pm and we packed our overnight stuff and set off about 3pm or something like that. The traffic was fine and we arrived at Lee's dad's at 4.30pm. We sat around and chatted for a couple of hours and then got ready and went out to an Italian restaurant in a pub nearby. It was fine, but there weren't a lot of vegetarian options for me. Plus there was an entertainer on and she was really loud and couldn't sing particularly well. Oh well! It was still nice to see Lee's dad and stepmum. 

We went to bed about midnight. As it was just a few days before Christmas I was wearing my Christmas nightie - it was from Yours a few years ago and it's longer than most of my other nighties and thicker too, so it's cosier. It has this lovely candy cane motif on the front!

When we went out for the evening I was wearing a Scarlett and Jo dress but I forgot to get a photo of it. D'oh! But earlier in the day I was wearing my Merry Kissmas t shirt and a pleated skirt from New Look - this is one of my favourite Christmas outfits and looks so glam but is also so comfortable! 


Festive t shirt and burgundy pleated skirt


Here's me in the restaurant


And Lee!


And then I made him pose for a photo with his dad - they are similar looking for sure! 


And here's me and Mary. She is the loveliest person


My nails were painted with this lovely red polish from Avon. It lasted well but it stained my fingers horribly when I took it off


My pasta arrabiata. I wouldn't normally choose this but like I said veggie options were a bit thin. It was actually nice - spicy and creamy. I had a starter too but I utterly cannot remember what that was


I was wearing this festive pin badge on my cardigan, too. It was really warm over Christmas so I only really needed a cardigan when we went out most days instead of a coat too


And finally here's my nightie last thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment