Friday, February 9, 2024

Saturday December 22nd

Lee's mam threw her customary Christmas party on the Saturday before Christmas and I think there were at least twenty of us and maybe as many as twenty-five, although not everyone was there at the same time. Lee is the eldest of five so that's a lot before you even start!

We left Lee's dad's just before noon. I was wearing a velvet Simply Be dress that I got a couple of years ago but save for Christmas. I was also wearing Snag tights with cobwebs on - they're cute but not the easiest to wear so it's sort of ideal if you're sitting around wearing them instead of walking around. 

Lee's mam made a veggie curry with Quorn, a chicken curry, a vegan curry, lots of rice, and then loads of buffet stuff. Lee's friend Paul and his wife Lianne always come to this family gathering and they're vegan but Bev had catered for them excellently. Lee's brother in law made a Biscoff cheesecake and it was lovely, and there was a lot of wine at the same time! We talked to everyone and I persuaded my eldest niece into a selfie with me before she left. 

At some point we sat in the front room and Lee's mam and stepdad and one of his brothers gave us our presents and vice versa. From Andrew and Libby I got a book I wanted and from Lee's mam I got some Lush shower stuff that I wanted and a bottle of Baileys, and some other bits, which is all lovely! One of Lee's other brothers and his wife put together a huge hamper for us which is lush, I've enjoyed eating bits of that over the holidays. 

We played Heads Up and Lee's brother in law made espresso martinis which I love so I appreciated a couple of those! It was absolute chaos the whole day. Lee's cousin turned up because I asked her because I like to see her little girl, so that was nice. Lee's sister in law Gemma let me take a selfie of us only when she had had a few drinks! Haha. 

Everyone had left by 10ish so we stayed for a little bit longer talking to Lee's mam and stepdad as we don't get to see them often. We left about 11pm. Lee doesn't drink so he was fine to drive home then as long as I stay awake to talk to him. He was hungry so we stopped at McDonald's on the way home, like you do. We got home just after 1am and unsurprisingly just crashed into bed!


Simply Be velvet dress and Snag tights - I love the colour of the dress


Face all made up ready for the party - my earrings were from Claire's and they're really cute Christmas trees


Quorn curry, it tasted a bit like Chinese takeaway curry


Here's me and Leah, I try to get a photo every year - she is nineteen now and so grown up!


Biscoff cheesecake!


Oh and this cake was made by Bev's neighbour and it was so simple and delicious!


Here's me and Lee's friend Paul who at this point is basically one of the family


This is his wife Lianne and I'm really happy she's been integrated too! She's a really lovely person


This isn't the best photo of Lee's brother Chris but it's the best one I got so it'll have to do!


Me and our soon to be sister in law Libby - she and Andrew get married next October!


Lee and Andrew and Libby


Lee and Andrew and Libby and their sister Kim


Paul's present... 


My youngest nephew Tommy. I have another niece from here too, Tommy's twin, but she refused a photo. Which is fine, she's allowed to say no!


I make all the siblings get a photo with their mam because it's not often they're all together


Their stepdad Gary got in, too!


Playing Heads Up - it was great because Tillie and Tommy could join in (they're 10)


Espresso martini! I love these and this was so nice!


Finally here's Gemma and I when she agreed to a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment