Friday, February 2, 2024

Brunch with Gillian

On Friday the 15th of December I headed to Mirfield to meet up with my friend Gillian. I hadn't seen her in absolutely forever and she's one of my favourite people ever, so it was well overdue. We wanted to swap Christmas presents too, and I had gifts for her from a mutual friend too. We were going to go closer to my house but her husband had to get to his work Christmas do later on in the day so we arranged to meet at 10.30 near to her house in Mirfield. It was fine by me as I enjoyed listening to a podcast on my way over.

Gillian had suggested Cupushi which is just on a random street in Mirfield. The menu looked really nice so I agreed. I managed to park right outside, which was good too. The inside of the cafe is really cute with a bit of an industrial feel. We both went for smashed avocado and chilli flakes - Gillian had salmon and feta on hers and I had egg and feta on mine. I also had a really yummy hot chocolate. 

We decided to have crepes for dessert too, as we hadn't been sure if we wanted sweet or savoury... so we had both! I had mine with banana and Nutella and it was absolutely gorgeous. We inadvertently matched in pastel rainbows, too! I got this cardigan from Simply Be a few weeks previously to this when I got the purple and green checked one and the pink zebra print one too. This one is chenille and it's really cosy. It wasn't too cold of a day so I just wore this in the car instead of my coat as well. I've been wearing it round the house a bit too because it's so warm!

I was also wearing my "Express Your Elf" t shirt that came from Simply Be years ago, and an old Scarlett & Jo skirt. Perfect easy winter outfit!


Avocado toast with a fried egg and feta - so delicious!


And then my gorgeous crepe


Gillian and I in matching pastel rainbows


And here's my outfit when I got home

No comments:

Post a Comment