Sunday, December 24, 2017

Festive lunch out

In the middle of December Lee and I went out to meet up with some friends. It had snowed a bit overnight but we didn't get anything like the amount people had got in the Midlands and in London, so driving was okay. It was just as well as the pub we were headed to, The Sovereign in Shepley, is on pretty high ground and you could easily get snowed in there.

We had the festive menu and it was pretty good. Portions weren't huge but definitely enough and that meant we had room for three courses, which I think was £19.95 so good value. I had prawn and lobster cocktail, a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and chocolate and orange torte.

I like the Sovereign pub. I know it's a chain but that does mean you always know what you'll get, I like it. I've been ill so it was good to go somewhere relatively close to home, it is about twenty minutes away from our house. I took a few photos:


I changed my lightbox to a Christmas message and we've put it in the living room for now.


A very light smattering of snow - more came down after this though


Mulled wine which was really nice, very blackcurranty


My chocolate and orange torte


And finally my festive jumper. I bought it last year I think from Evans and have been wearing it quite a lot as it's so warm. I love the cute reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment