Wednesday, April 22, 2020

What I Wore 30th March

Monday 30th March was my first day working at home. Lee and I went the previous week to pick up my computer and files from work so that I can work from home. There won't be as much to do so my hours will be cut, which will mean a loss of income for me. I'm quite worried about it, but I'm hoping I can get at least something back from the government when the grant for self-employed people comes in in June. We'll see! I know it's scary and unsettling for everyone and as I work in payroll I will say that if you need any information about your pay slip, I'm here and very willing to help.

Anyway I sat at our dining table to do some work, with Lee working at his desk in the corner of the room. I needed the dining table out extended as when I'm working I have a lot of paper and files around. But in the position it was in, it was in the way of the rest of the living room. We don't have a big house at all! So we swapped things around - we put one sofa near Lee's desk and the table near the door so that it can stay there with my stuff all on one end but we can also still eat there. I felt a lot better when we did that.

I put a proper bra and an outfit on to work; it made me feel better and got me in the zone a bit. I really love this dress. It's from the Sprinkle of Glitter collection on Simply Be a few years ago and I LOVE it, I love how pretty it is, I love the white cotton and the dots, I love the pom poms, I love the fact it has pockets. I haven't worn it in ages because I had it in my head that it was a) too short and b) didn't fit me properly in the bodice. Lee and I went through all my dresses recently and a few were hung on a rail waiting for me to try on. This was one of them. When I put it on I thought, "Oh, I don't know why I was worried about this?!" It is maybe a tiny bit shorter than some dresses I wear, but with thick leggings in the winter and tight shorts in the summer I think it'll be fine! I am so glad because I really love it.

I had an exciting excursion to the front garden for a little bit of sunshine.


Selfie while I was sitting working. A group I'm in often shares Monday selfies, so I added mine


Gorgeous Sprinkle of Glitter dress. It has pockets, which are nice and deep 


I'm also looking very glamourous in my slippers, I think you'll agree

No comments:

Post a Comment