Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Baby Ariel's Dedication and First Birthday Party

My friend Michelle's baby Ariel was born in September 2020 but because Michelle lives in London and because of lockdown I'd not been able to see her or the baby. Plus I've never met Michelle's husband Sam as we weren't able to go to their wedding three years ago. So when Ariel's dedication (to their church) and first birthday party were in Leeds/Birstall, I was pleased Lee and I were able to go! 

The service was at a church in south Leeds and was really lovely; there was a lot that was really personal to Michelle and Sam which was good. Afterwards the party was held at Gomersal Park Hotel, which also happens to be where Lee and I got married sixteen years ago! It was lovely to go back. We met up with one of mine and Michelle's mutual friends, Gillian, and her family. The party was held in a suite upstairs which also had outdoor space. We sat inside and were glad of the airconditioning!

The food was a barbecue so Lee and I joined the queue. He had chicken which he was happy about because he doesn't eat much meat now I don't eat meat. I had veggie sausages and everything else, it was pretty nice. There was cheesecake for dessert and then later birthday cake too. We posed for some photos before Gillian and Tom left. Lee and I didn't stay too long after that but it had been a really nice day. I relaxed in the evening and had a currant teacake to eat!

I'd put contact lenses in again; I'm still getting used to them but I do really like them. I put some make up on too, I don't often wear it but I like the blusher effect. I was wearing this old Scarlett & Jo dress which is one of my favourites for a party like this, with a green cropped cardigan that was from Peacocks originally I think, many years ago. 



I bought these pink sunglasses while we were camping at the end of September. I think they're so cute - loving this new sunglasses life


Here I am with make up on! I used some illuminating drops on my cheeks and then blusher, I think the effect worked well


Here's the hotel - Lee and I got married in that suite on the ground floor with the bay window! We had a barbecue on the lawn to the left


Ariel's cake


Michelle and Ariel both looking gorgeous


Ariel was such a good girl all day, despite all the fuss and strange people wanting to cuddle her


Twinkle twinkle little star!


Greenhead girls assemble! Hard to believe we've been friends for over twenty years now!

No comments:

Post a Comment