Monday, April 4, 2022

Lunch Out in Barnsley and What I Wore February 10th

On February 10th I had made plans to see Chloe and Laura in Barnsley. We've got together a few times recently and it's been lovely each time. I suggested we go into Barnsley to Market Kitchen which, as I've said in previous posts, is a bit like a food court - there's several cafes and counters in it, including Balkan food, Turkish, Indian, and my favourite, a Thai place. That means everyone can have exactly what they like while still sitting together, which is great. From what I've seen of the place, too, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options which is obviously really good.

Chloe came to my house about 11.30 and I drove us into town and we walked through to Market Kitchen and got a table by the window. Laura's train got in just after twelve so it wasn't long before she joined us. Chloe and I both went for Thai food and Laura went for a pulled pork sandwich from the poutine place. I usually have Massaman curry but decided to have cashew nut stir fry this time, which turned out to be an excellent decision because it was delicious. We then just sat chatting until 3pm. It wasn't busy so we were fine taking up at table. Lee had asked me to bring home some curry for him for tea, so we got that and then said goodbye and came home. 

I had recently bought these brogue style shoes in the Schuh sale, they were just £20 which I found a bargain. They're patent but they're kind of a cracked, aged patent, which I really like! I also finally tried on the raspberry glitter tights from Snag Tights that my aunt bought me for my birthday. They fit perfectly, the texture is a bit weird but they're absolutely fine to walk in which was my main concern. I wish I'd been able to get some purple ones too, but they've gone off the website. Oh well, I do have many other ones and I do love the pink ones!

I bought myself a Grace Petrie t shirt in the sale, it was reduced to £20 which was perfect. Her shop has all t shirts up to a 5xl. I wasn't certain on sizing but decided to go for a 4xl and it's perfect, it fits really well. I probably could have sized down to a 3xl as I often wear t shirts tucked in anyway, but the 4xl fits really well. I tucked it into this old Scarlett & Jo skirt which I had forgotten the existence of until I saw it on Timehop and pulled it out again. It's literally a satin lining and then this netting top, I love it, it's so fancy and floofy but so easy to wear. I thought the black outfit made the tights pop really well. I'm glad I wore it!

You can see in the picture of my shoe that we have finally been able to replace the carpet on our stairs. We had had one carpet since we bought the house in 2004, it was totally disgusting. We went for the same carpet all the way up both flights of stairs to the attic room and along the landing on the middle floor. It is so nice and luxurious! 


Cashew nut stir fry


Pink glitter tights and patent brogue shoes


Grace Petrie t shirt, floofy skirt, smile by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment