Sunday, April 17, 2022

Lunch Out with Lee

On the 5th of March Lee and I headed into town for some brunch. We had attempted to do this the week before, but it turned out that the football was on and we were stuck in traffic for ages and then couldn't get into Falco Lounge which is where we wanted to eat. We did go over to the Market Kitchen and managed to grab ourselves a table and still had some delicious food, but Lee suggested trying the Lounge again this week so I agreed. There was a table free so we sat down and ordered. We both had the vegetarian breakfast which I love, it's truly delicious. All their veggie stuff doesn't feel like an afterthought, which is what I want from restaurants to be honest. 

After we'd eaten we went into TKMaxx which is not a place I go in often but I needed a present for someone and I had also heard that their stationery collection was pretty cool. And it was! I've never looked at it before but I ended up buying a few bits including a squared notebook to use as my bullet journal when my current one is full. I was impressed!

We then headed down to Asda because I had a gift card from work for Christmas to spend. I'd been looking online at some of their bedding, but they had different ones in store. But I ended up getting one with stars and constellations on and one with big leaves/ferns on it. They're both cute and only cost us £3 after the gift card! So it was worth going.

In the evening Lee went to see Napalm Death who are one of his favourite bands (he has a Napalm Death tattoo) and I stayed in and chatted online to my friend Von. I message her on WhatsApp often, but hadn't video chatted with her in months, definitely since before she visited in September 2021. So it was lovely to talk! We were both working on cross stitches while we were talking, so that was nice. 

I headed to bed before Lee got in, and was surrounded by kittens when he arrived. 


I fully recommend the veggie breakfast in the Lounges (it's a chain, but they're all called something different) even if you're a meat eater!


I've been in the redone part of town a number of times recently, as you've seen, but I hadn't seen the water turned on before. It's really cute!


This bit has stepping stones across it, I bet it'll be fun to play in in hot weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment