Saturday, April 2, 2022

Lunch Out in Sheffield and What I Wore February 4th

On February 4th I went to Sheffield to meet my friend Philippa for lunch. We meet up fairly often and I often suggest where, so this time Pippa chose and she chose Church - Temple of Fun. We've been before, when Make No Bones were doing the food there. They've now moved, but Church is still doing all vegan food and drink. 

I arrived a bit early and sat reading my book until Pippa arrived. I had an oat hot chocolate with vegan spray cream while I was waiting, which was really lovely - I do like oat milk hot chocolates! Pippa had mentioned the cauliflower bites she'd had last time she was there, and you know I love cauliflower, so I ordered those and the fairground seitan hotdog. I love hotdogs and miss meat ones so it's always nice to have a vegan one!

Pippa went for a burger, I think, and the cauli bites too. We didn't get any dessert but did sit chatting until 4pm. It wasn't very full so I think we were fine to take up a table for a while. When we went outside it was hailing! It took my ages to get home as the traffic was bad and the sideways hail wasn't helping. But it was worth it. 

I wore these new stripy purple and black tights from Snag that Lee bought me for my birthday. They remind me so much of my goth teenage years so I was thrilled to get them and they again fit really well. I put on my new patent dolly shoes from Schuh, so I'm basically living all my teenage dreams right here! I wasn't sure what outfit to put on, so decided to go with my pleather skirt from Simply Be (I got it from a clothes swap I think) and Sprinkle of Glitter stripy top, which I love, I think it's so pretty. I think this is a lovely outfit, I felt pretty badass in it!


Stripy tights and shiny shoes! This is our back doorstep, and yes it does have coins sunk into it. They were there when we moved in!


My full outfit. Very witchy! 


The restaurant has all religious iconography on the walls


Oat milk hot chocolate


Cauliflower bites with ranch, sweet chilli, and barbecue dips. So good!


Seitan hotdog with ketchup and mustard, crispy fried onions on top, served with fries and coleslaw


Look how much it had hailed when I got outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment