Saturday, August 13, 2022

Holiday Day 1

My lovely cousin Peter got married towards the end of June, in Southampton, so we obviously went down for it, and since we were already on the south coast, we decided to have a few days afterwards on the Isle of Wight. I went a few times as a kid and more recently with my friend Von, which I blogged about here as we had an amazing time. Lee had never been though (it's a long way from Durham) and I knew he'd like it, so we booked an Airbnb for five nights. 

More on that later though because first there's the wedding to get to! And before that, this, the day we travelled down to Southampton. Lee had to work in the morning so I did some errands - I went to the post office, I bought lunch, and I took the cats to the cattery where they would be staying for the week. That meant that when Lee finished work at 12, we could set off soon after. We managed to leave by 12.20 which was great. It took us til nearly 5pm to get to Southampton though, thanks to traffic. We were staying in the Premier Inn at the airport because it was cheap, and when we finally pulled up my mum and stepdad were already there, having a drink outside. We were so hot and sticky but we got checked in and then had a drink outside too. 

There was a restaurant in the hotel but it wasn't very exciting, so we looked around on the internet and everyone agreed on Kuti's Restaurant, which was an Indian. We booked a table and set off some time later. It turned out to be right next to the Red Funnel terminal where Lee and I would be getting on the ferry on Sunday, which was useful info. 

We had nice food, but nothing special. I found it a bit odd actually, but no matter. We looked at the estuary before we went back to the hotel. There we found my older cousin, Rob, and a family friend who was coming to the wedding, so we had a drink with them before bed. 


I had a peach bellini which was nice


Onion bhajis, which were nice but didn't come with raita which annoyed me a bit


Paneer karahi, it was nice and spicy


Looking up the estuary


And down, towards the ferry terminal


And Lee and I for good measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment