Monday, August 22, 2022

Holiday Day 4

On the Monday of our holiday we had a relaxed morning and then got into our swimming stuff just before twelve to go swimming. Our holiday park, Lower Hyde, had two pools on it - one indoor and one outdoor. But it turned out that the outdoor one was shut as the boiler was broken. They weren't sure when it would be mended. We went into the indoor pool, but it was very cramped and badly in need of refurbishment. We were disappointed, but we were allowed to go and use both pools on the nearby holiday park, Landguard, so we decided to go there in the afternoon. We drove to Tesco for something we needed, and got some lunch, and then got to the pools at Landguard for 2pm when they reopened after lunch.

The sun was out and it was really warm so we sat at the outside pool and obviously went in it. It was quite warm, and quite deep, and really nice to swim in. It was quite busy but not too busy. We didn't leave until it shut at five pm! We went back to the van and had showers before tea. We just had snacks as we'd had a bigger lunch. We watched a film.

I was wearing this pink shirred dress which I'd had for ages but hadn't had a chance to wear. It was soft and comfy after my shower but cool enough as it was still hot. I was only wearing it with a soft bra so it's not a full outfit but I still took a photo! 



Sitting in the car waiting for Lee, unimpressed that I wasn't still in a pool


The pool - there was barely anyone here at this point but it got busier


Selfie in sunglasses - I took contact lenses to wear every day so I could wear my fun sunglasses


Typical holiday pose


Ice cream! We had a lot of ice cream that week


Just as the pool was closing... I would give anything to be there right now! 


Bits for tea - the pork pie was vegetarian and tasted quite nice


And finally my new pink dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment