Tuesday, August 16, 2022

My Cousin's Wedding in Southampton

As I said, my cousin got married towards the end of June in Southampton, where Beth is from and where they are now living. Peter is one of my favourite people and has been since he was a tiny baby, so I was really proud to watch him get married! 

We had breakfast in our hotel and got ready, and then set off early to the church. We parked just up from it and got to talk to both my cousins and my aunt and uncle before the wedding, as well as one of Peter's best friends. Peter didn't seem nervous! We took some photos and then sat down. 

The wedding was lovely and afterwards Peter and Beth went off in a horse drawn carriage! The rest of us walked up to Beth's parents' house which is where the reception was. First of all there were drinks in the garden, which was all non alcoholic and very delicious. Then we went through to garden to a shared space at the back where a marquee had been put up. There were more drinks and canapes while photos were taken. It had been really hot the day before but wasn't very warm on the day of the wedding which was a shame but it's the one thing you can't control!

Beth made her wedding dress and I think you'll agree it was absolutely stunning. She had hand embroidered the flowers on the top layer and had covered all the buttons herself. She works as a theatre costumer so it's no surprise she could do this and I'm so pleased she did - it was absolutely gorgeous and just perfect for her. 

We all took our seats in the marquee for the wedding breakfast. There was a sort of serve yourself buffet on each table - gammon, fish, and some veggie options, plus salads and potatoes. We were sitting with my mum and stepdad and one of Beth's aunts and her husband. It was nice to meet them and talk to them. There was a trio of dessert which was delicious. Then there were speeches, which were lovely. My uncle was Peter's best man, and his speech was just adorable. 

After speeches was a ceilidh! I don't do dancing but it was nice to watch. It was pretty cold but they had provided blankets so I sat under one of those until it was time to say bye to Peter and Beth which we did by making an arch for them to run through to get to Peter's car! It was a truly gorgeous wedding and I'm wishing them a lifetime of happiness together. 



Look how well my nails matched my dress! I did enjoy the gel nails and managed to not chip one, but they seemed to grow out really quickly, and removal of them was NOT fun and took forever!


Peter and me before the wedding, and before he put his jacket on


My uncle fixing Peter's buttonhole


In the garden area for the reception - I wanted this photo to show Beth's beautiful dress


Which is why I also took this photo of the back! Isn't it just so lovely?


All my cousins! I am so happy to have such lovely cousins and their now wives (who are both called Beth!)


Peter and Rob. Rob and his Beth got married five years ago


My mum had bought this dress when in York with a friend, it's linen and lovely isn't it?


The flowers were lovely, with SO many roses!


The cake! It had a few different flavours - Lee and I went for pieces of the chocolate orange layer


I made this decoration as a present for Peter and Beth. I made one very similar in a workshop at my craft club and decided to make a wedding one. It's by no means perfect but I was pleased with it


Our trio of desserts - apple crumble, raspberry mousse, and a chocolate torte


Peter giving his speech - I was so proud! 


Beth giving her speech 


Waiting for the first dance - Beth was ready but Peter had disappeared! It was funny


Dancing! It was a Paramore song I think


Beth having her dress pinned up ready for the ceilidh


My aunt and uncle dancing! 


And finally Peter and Beth and some of their friends later in the evening

What a gorgeous joyful day!

1 comment:

  1. Beth's dress is beautiful, how wonderful she could make it herself.

    ReplyDelete