Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Films of the Month - October

I watched quite a few films in October. Lee and I were away on holiday and normally that would mean we would watch about 7 films, but we only managed four as we were watching stuff that was on the TV and we were watching an old season of Celebrity Masterchef too. But in the month I watched fifteen films which I'm happy with. Plus we went to the cinema! Here's what I saw:


First of all I watched Emma, which I didn't think I had seen it before, but I definitely had. I like it, it's very tongue in cheek


On our first night on holiday Lee found Hidden Figures on the TV, which is a favourite of mine, so we watched it while we ate


And after that we watched Rudeboy - The Story of Trojan Records. We both like reggae music so it was interesting to see this, I'd recommend it if you like the music


I had been wanting to watch Luca, the new Pixar film, so we did. It's about coming out, isn't it? I refuse to believe anything else. I liked it, it's very cute


I really wanted to see The Green Knight, I've been waiting for it to come out forever, so we watched it on holiday. I love the poem, I saw Simon Armitage read some of his retelling about a decade ago now. Plus I love Dev Patel! So I was excited for it. And it does look really good, but the ending was all changed which I didn't like at all


I've been keeping an eye on the ongoing court case around Britney fighting for her freedom, so I watched this on Netflix. I sincerely hope she is 100% free very soon - she has the right to marry who she likes and have a child as she sees fit


I like a lot of kitsch so I watched Diana the Musical on Netflix. It's ludicrous, I'm not even sure I enjoyed it, but I watched it anyway


Sam and I watched the new Charlie's Angels from 2019 together. I liked it, it was about twenty minutes too long but I did really like it


As we had been to where Brief Encounter was filmed I wanted to watch it as I've never seen it. I really liked it, it's a classic for a reason. It's very understated and I liked it a lot


Netflix wanted me to watch Bride Wars so I did - I didn't think I'd seen it before but actually I must have. It's a bit rubbish though


I've been meaning to watch the new animated Addams Family and finally got round to it. I really liked it, it had a really cute feel to it


It was Sylvia Plath's birthday so I watched the biopic with Gwyneth Paltrow and Daniel Craig. I really like it, it's not perfect but it gives the overview of Sylvia's life and work


I watched the second animated Addams Family film, I didn't like it as much as the first one for sure


On the day before Halloween Lee said we should watch a scary film so we did, we watched The Omen. I don't like scary films but I can ocpe with this one


And finally as I said in my last post we went to the cinema to see Scream in a special showing. It is basically a classic now, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment