Monday, January 10, 2022

Halloween 2021

We had a nice Halloween weekend. Lee went out on the Friday night to see a band called Send More Paramedics, he's liked them for two decades and they've been split up for a while but they reformed to play two gigs just before Halloween. Their last song is called Zombie Crew and I really love it too, Lee videoed it and it sounds really good actually. He got home late and had had a good time. 

We slept in on Saturday but then did some tidying. Our attic room is big and full of stuff, but needed a clean and a bit of a tidy. I got rid of a bunch of stuff which made the area around my desk a lot better. I moved some stuff around in the Ikea shelves behind my desk too which will hopefully get some things that I use often within reach which I like. 

I painted my nails after we'd finishing tidying. I don't really do Halloween but I thought a green and gold glitter polish had a bit of a Halloween feel. We made wild rice and mushroom soup for tea, which was absolutely gorgeous. Lee had been to the market in Penistone earlier in the day and bought fresh sourdough bread to eat with it. This was the recipe. We watched The Omen over tea which I can watch because although it's scary it's not too scary for me, and I know when all the jumpy bits are. 

On Halloween we again had a bit of a lie in and then did some more tidying upstairs in the attic. We hoovered both rugs and they both look way better now. I tried to take a picture of my spooky kitten Jasmine with some Halloween stuff but she wasn't altogether playing. She's cute though, right?

Lee made a dinner for about 5pm, as we were heading out later. We had giant Yorkshire puddings filled with veggie sausages, vegetables, roast potatoes, and gravy. It was so nice and warming. Then I got dressed (I'd been in pyjamas all day) and we headed to the Showcase cinema near Leeds for a showing of Scream. I'd been looking for something to do on Halloween and saw this was showing, so booked it. We both love the film and it was excellent to see it on the big screen, I picked up on loads of things I've not noticed before.

I was wearing my self bleached t-shirt with the bike cog, and my lucky dip Carolina Dress Room skirt as I thought it looked a bit witchy. I also pulled out my 'strange and unusual' necklace, because I myself am strange and unusual. 

It was a lovely weekend together!


Tidy shelves behind my desk. This is penpal supplies


Ciate green and gold nail polish


Wild rice and mushroom soup - I recommend, and it's vegan!


Happy Halloween!


Jasmine being a little cutie


Strange and unusual - I think I bought this from Punky Pins or something


At the cinema! 


My outfit when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment