Monday, January 24, 2022

Trip to Helmsley - Days 3 and 4

On the Sunday morning of our weekend away I had a shower in the fancy rainfall shower before getting ready and going downstairs. We didn't have breakfast because we'd booked for lunch out. We had asked Lee's mam and stepdad to come and meet us for lunch and I had looked at all the pubs and decided The Feathers had the best vegetarian choices, so I booked a table for all six of us. 

Bev and Gary arrived at our cottage at about 11.30 and we had a chat and a hot drink before heading over to the pub for 12.30. It happened to be the same chain as the one Lee and I ate in in Thirsk on Friday, which was nice. I had mozarella and tomato salad to start with and then roasted cauliflower and all the trimmings, which was lovely! We all had Sunday dinner except my stepdad and Lee, who both had fish and chips. Lee and I shared a mint chocolate sundae for pudding. 

After lunch Bev and Gary went straight back home as Gary was working later on, but it was really nice to see them. Bev had never been to Helmsley before and she really liked it and said they might go back with her sister and brother in law. It is a really lovely place, it's all close by and there's a ton of nice places to eat.

We went back to the cottage and did more relaxing. It was obviously getting dark early so it was nice to stay in and just chill out. I did some cross stitching and we played some games. 

On the Monday morning I suggested we go to La Trattoria for breakfast. It's an Italian cafe/restaurant, and they had excellent breakfast choices. Everyone agreed with me and it was a lovely end to the weekend. We left the cars outside the cottage and set off back about 11. We went straight to pick up the cats who were glad to be home! 

I was wearing a new pink skirt on the Sunday. It used to be a dress, but the lining didn't sit right on me and it exposed my bra, so I finally got round to asking my mum to make it into a skirt. She bought the gold glittery elastic while we were away camping in August, and I think it looks really nice, and looks good with a plain white t-shirt. 


I love tomato and mozarella salad, I often order it


I also really appreciate a decent vegetarian Sunday dinner. There were seasonal vegetables alongside too


Chocolate and mint sundae


This huge clock was on the wall in the cottage living room


Pink lace skirt and white top


We were hot when we went to bed so opened the windows, which was lovely because we could hear the stream rushing by!


And my breakfast of scrambled eggs and avocado on sourdough toast - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment