Sunday, January 16, 2022

My First Body Shop Stall

I got offered a last minute chance to do a Body Shop stall at Garforth in Leeds at the beginning of November. Someone else had booked it but couldn't make it, so I said I would. Lee was recording with his band so he couldn't come with me, but he helped me pack stuff up the night before. I took way too much stuff, but I didn't know how big the table would be or whether I would need to replace stuff if it sold. I was pleased with how my stall looked. The fayre was well attended and I spoke to a bunch of people. I sold some bits, which I was pleased about, but I definitely learnt a lot of stuff about doing a stall!

My mum and stepcousin came along for the last hour which was nice. They sat on my stall while I had a walk around. I bought some Christmas presents and some wax melts, which I'm sure you'll know that I love. I had a go on the tombola but didn't win anything. My mum and Nirosha didn't buy much but my mum won a couple of things on the tombola. They helped me pack up at 1pm and then we went to the service station on the motorway for some lunch. 

Because Lee was out all day I had asked my mum if I could go there all day and have tea with them and then stay over. She said yes of course, so after lunch we headed back to hers. We didn't do much in the afternoon, but it was nice to relax. Then my mum and Nirosha wanted to look at all my Body Shop stuff so I brought it in from the car and we went through it. They each bought some stuff. 

We had a roast for tea - well I had veggie sausages but all the trimmings - and then watched Strictly Come Dancing, which I don't usually watch at all but I didn't mind it. The snooker was on too, which my mum loves. We played a game too. It was nice to hang out with my stepcousin as I haven't seen her since 2019! 

I slept in late because I was really tired, so when I woke up everyone was gone, to church. I went out for lunch with Sam but I was unwell and ended up in bed for the rest of the day so I won't share that!


My stall looking bright and cheery I think! 


Going through everything with my mum and Niri later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment