Friday, January 14, 2022

Lunch in Manchester

At the beginning of November I went across to Manchester to see my friend Ingrid. I haven't seem them in forever, it must be over two years and longer than that since we had a proper conversation. So it was nice to have a drive over the tops and go to Chorlton. I managed to park on the road near the cafe where we were meeting, and went in. It was the Chapati Cafe, which Ingrid had suggested. It isn't huge but everything is homemade and very delicious.

I got three curries - a cabbage and carrot one, a dhal, and chilli paneer - on a bed of rice with tamarind and mint yoghurt across the top. I also ordered bhajiyas and vaada - potato balls - knowing I wouldn't eat them all and could bring some home. All the food was so good, I would highly recommend the place and it's pretty cheap too. I didn't eat all the snacks so did indeed get a box for them to bring home.

After lunch we went into Oxfam and another charity shop and they were both really good, I got some jigsaws for Lee for Christmas and some stuff for Secret Santas, all for about £17! 

I needed to leave around 2pm, but before I did, I went into The Cocoa Tree to get a hot chocolate to drive home with. My friend Amy said it was really nice and indeed it was - the hot chocolate was made with real chocolate and was really nice. The staff were lovely, too. I would go back and eat something there!

I got home around 3.30pm and sat for a little bit before I had to go out again - this time for my Covid booster jab. We had to go to the other side of Barnsley but once inside it was very well organised and moved quite quickly. I got all Pfizered up (I had AstraZeneca before) and had to wait for fifteen minutes afterwards but I felt fine. My arm very quickly got sore once I was home though, but I hope that that's all the side effects I have! I had my flu jab a couple of weeks before today, and that hurt for ages - it was so sore I couldn't sleep on it for about a week. So let's hope! 


Three curries on a bed of rice - so nice!


Hot chocolate with plenty of cream and marshmallows


All boosted up!

No comments:

Post a Comment