Saturday, February 19, 2022

Lunch Out with Laura and Chloe and What I Wore 16th December

On the 16th of December I went to Sheffield to meet up with Laura and Chloe for a festive lunch. Well, in fact, Chloe came to pick me up and we went to the tram stop in Middlewood and got the tram into town to meet Laura. It was ace! 

While I was getting dressed I picked out my new Joe Brown's dress to wear; I think it has a real festive feel to the pattern, and it's nice and warm. Then I also picked out some grey Snag Tights.

Now, listen, right, I have worn the thinner Snags a few times, and found them comfortable and fine, if a little thin. I got some with a wave pattern on them and I found that they didn't quite fit properly and fell down as I was walking in them. These are thicker than the thin ones, so althought I owned four pairs of the thicker ones, I hadn't actually got round to wearing them. That's right - FOUR pairs. I have grey, navy, black, and bubblegum pink. All still in their packets, unworn! You know me, I love a pair of leggings. But I had time to try some tights on and, if needed, change them for leggings.

BUT I was so shocked and surprised. I chose the slate grey tights and was certain they wouldn't fit properly over my bum, hips, and thighs. But, like the thinner ones, they come up nice and high on my belly and back, so are fine on my hips. And the legs themselves are really good and stretchy too. They fit my thighs really well. Through wearing, the tights do bunch a little bit around my ankles. Not so as you would notice, to be honest, but enough that when I sit down I pull them up a bit. It's not enough to bother me. I loved th grey colour too with my Dr Marten shoes. Since this day I've worn the black and navy tights as well and found them all brilliant quality and good to wear. They're actually quite long in the leg so I wonder if the size down would fit me - I may have to give them a chance. I also mentioned to Lee that I would like some in different colours for my birthday so watch this space!

Anyway we got the tram and arrived to meet Laura at 12.30. I had the exact same thing that I had listen time I went to Pho - summer rolls with peanut sauce and then a tofu curry. We also had dessert so I had Vietnamese affogato, which is coffee over ice cream and it was delicious!

We didn't get back until quite late and then Lee and I had to go collect something in the south of Barnsley, and then we went to Lidl to pick up some stuff for Christmas. It was a lovely day though with friends!


Slate tights and Dr Marten shoes in the winter light


Summer rolls - oh god that peanut sauce is to die for!


Every time I've been to Pho this curry has been slightly different, which I'm sure proves that it is fresh made and that each chef makes it slightly differently! It is flavourful and delicious, I would recommend it


Affogato - I don't drink a lot of caffeine but this was just enough!


And my lovely Joe Brown's dress, it's such a nice winter dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment