Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Weekend in Durham and What I Wore 18th of December

As you might know or remember, Lee's family is from Durham and so we always go up the weekend before Christmas to see both his parents and his many siblings. We couldn't go in 2020, obviously, and we really missed it. We weren't sure whether going in 2021 was okay because of Omicron, but we decided to take the risk. We tried to mitigate it, obviously, but you can never be sure. We set off when Lee finished work on the Friday, as that was when Lee's dad was free. We went out with him and Lee's stepmam Mary for something to eat at a nice Italian in Wolsingham. When we got back we just watched TV and chatted for a while before bed. 

In the morning Lee and I both had showers and I put on this velvet skater dress. It's a teal blue colour, I don't think it's come across very well in the picture. I have had it quite a while, but haven't yet worn it - it still had the labels on. I also put on my grey Snag Tights to go with it. 

Mary's granddaughter and her dad turned up, she is a funny little girl and was trying to say something about Lee's blue hair but we couldn't quite decipher what. I was playing with her for a bit. 

Then we went to Lee's mam's house. She had made a lovely spread, including homemade soup which was lovely. There were a few of us but it felt okay. I had some nice alcohol but wasn't TOO drunk I promise. 

We set off home pretty late and got home about midnight. It had been a nice time getting to see people who we haven't seen in two years! 


Blue skater dress from Simply Be and slate Snag tights


Little Olivia


Soup!


I was wearing my Christmas tree earrings, I try to wear festive earrings in the run up to Christmas


One of Lee's brothers bought us a chocolate hamper which was so good, we've been working out way through it


Hah the last photo I took was some pasta dishes Lee's mam bought us - we don't have any and I was sick of eating pasta out of tiny dishes! We've used these a few times since Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment