Sunday, February 27, 2022

Christmas Eve 2021

As I said previously, Lee had finished work on the 22nd, so he was free on Christmas Eve to do whatever. And while I was still concerned about catching Covid, I thought that if the two of us just went out it would be fine. So I suggested going to The Fox House Inn which isn't too far from us. We've been before but it's at least eight years ago I reckon. My mum used to do their wages too. 

We got there about 12.30 and they had a free table which was good. It felt quite safe. They have various vegetarian options which was good. I had deep fried Brie to start with and Lee had Yorkshire puddings with onion gravy. Then he had chicken something and I had a cauliflower and potato bake. The food is all freshly made and absolutely gorgeous - I would recommend the pub for sure! I'm really glad we went - it was nice to spend some time just the two of us before the insanity that is Christmas. 

We didn't have dessert as we were too full, so just headed home. Some presents had arrived from our friends Leanne and Adi, including a new toy for the cats. They liked it! My mum and stepdad came over for tea - we just made sandwiches and a few nibbles and had a few drinks. They didn't stay all night but it was still nice. It's been a tradition for a few years now, and I do like it when people come to ours over Christmas. 


Look at these Yorkshire puddings, don't they look amazing? 


Deep fried Brie and salad


Delicious cauliflower and potato bake... you know actually I think Lee had fish and chips


Taking a selfie in the car


And at least one cat playing with the new toy...

No comments:

Post a Comment