Thursday, March 31, 2022

Films of the Month - January

I watched ten films in January which was a good start to the year I felt. I went to the cinema at the end of the month which I really enjoyed, I would as always like to make this more of a habit but never seem to manage to! Clearly Covid hasn't helped so we'll see how we do in 2022!

Here's what I watched:


Someone recommend Teen Spirit to me, with Elle Fanning playing a girl who auditions for an X Factor type show. I really liked it - I like Elle and think she always does brilliantly and I enjoyed this. Very cute


I can't remember why I wanted to watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy but I did, and I liked it. It's got a great cast and I liked the story


Lee and I watched The Death of Stalin one Friday night. We've seen it before but not for ages. I like it, it's really funny


On our first night away for my birthday we watched Jaws, it's one of our favourites and it was on Netflix. It's a classic isn't it, I just love it


On the Thursday of our trip we watched two films. Firstly Almost Famous which I LOVE, I just love the story so much and the cast is just gorgeous. One of my faves!


Then we watched Fargo, so we had a bit of a Frances McDormand thing as she's also in Almost Famous. I have seen this before but not for absolutely ages. It's so funny, just perfectly put together


I've been meaning to read the book for Where'd You Go Bernadette for ages, but never got round to it. I did know there was a film but had forgotten about it. I was reminded by someone else watching it, so finally got round to it. I liked it, Cate Blanchett was good


I read Our Souls At Night in late 2021 for my book club so wanted to watch the film even though I knew that it ends differently to the book. It's a nice slow kind of film, Jane Fonda and Robert Redford are both great


My mum and I saw the trailer for the third Kingsman film when we saw West Side Story in December and thought it looked interesting, so when I realised it was a series I decided to watch the first one. I really liked it! I liked how it was kind of tongue in cheek towards the spy genre. The cast is great!


Finally, I went to the cinema with Sam and Jodie to see Belfast, which is about Kenneth Branagh's early life in Belfast. It looks amazing and we all really liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment