Saturday, January 28, 2023

Christmas Eve 2022

On Christmas Eve Lee and I first of all went to Porlock Weir. I went with my mum and stepdad when I visited Somerset with them back in 2015 and liked it, so Lee and I drove along. We walked over the little bridge and on to the beach a little bit, and looked at the boats. There's nothing to do in Porlock Weir, but it is beautiful. There was a gift shop open so we went in there and I bought two raw pieces of rose quartz and some earrings. Then we went to the pub - the Porlock Hotel had some seats outside with blankets, although it wasn't freezing, so we sat there. I had a mulled wine and Lee had a hot chocolate.

Then we headed back to Minehead to meet my mum and stepdad for lunch in the Hairy Dog. It was pretty nice. Lee and I walked up the main street a little bit, then went to the harbour with my mum and stepdad for a look. It was really lovely, I haven't seen Minehead harbour before. Then we went in the two amusement arcades that were open on the front. One of them had a Pacman 2p machine which have slot events too, I did so well I was there for half an hour just with one pound of 2ps! It was lovely! 

By this time it was around 4pm so we went back to the cottage. We had buffet tea which was nice, and then we prepared stuff for Christmas dinner the next day. I was making a lemon cheesecake, but it turned out that two of the lemons were rotten, so we improvised with some oranges and made a St Clements cheesecake instead. It was fine! 

It was a lovely and relaxing Christmas Eve, if different from usual! 


Beach at Porlock Weir, Lee took this photo



Looking across the little harbour


And again - as you can see the tide was right out


I love boats in harbours


Lee and me!


This little robin was so cute!


Looking across the bay


And watching some people climb this thing - I wonder if it was a war thing?


I love pebbly beaches even though they're hard to walk on


Lee standing on the tiyn bridge across the harbour


I also like harbour equipment like this


My mulled wine


And Lee's hot chocolate


Looking up the main street in Minehead


Minehead harbour


Again, with the ride right out, although it was coming back in by now


Boat pulled right up on the shingle


More boats


My stepdad used to live in one of these houses right on the quay


Fishing net


This was on the way back to the cottage as the light was fading


And this was the back of the cottages about 4.30pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment