Friday, January 20, 2023

Weekend in Durham

As is customary, we went up to Durham the weekend before Christmas to see Lee's family. We usually see our friends Paul and Lianne too but they couldn't make it, but we had plans to see them in January anyway. We got to Lee's mam's house about midday I think, and stayed there for a bit before going to the pub where one of Lee's brothers works for lunch. Our table was booked for 2pm, and it was ages before we got food properly, which was a bit annoying, but I did have two cocktails which were a fiver each and pretty decent to drink! I had cauliflower bites to start with and then a vegetarian hunter's chicken kind of thing, which was okay. I got this picture of Bev and her four sons - Lee's sister wasn't there but everyone else was. 

We went back to Lee's mam's house for a bit, and opened our presents from Andrew and Libby. They bought me the second Janice Hallett book which I'm excited to get to. Lee got this t-shirt which is excellent. We played a game which was ridiculously hard, it was stupid. Haha. We left about 7.30pm I think, maybe a bit later. We went to Lee's dad's new house which is a bit further away than his old one, but they're nearer to one of Lee's stepmam's kids which is good obviously. We had sandwiches for tea there, and stayed up chatting for ages! 

On Sunday morning I had a shower and got dressed and we chatted a bit more before going to an Indian near their new house for lunch. The food was lovely but the atmosphere was a bit lacking and we felt like we were rushed out at the end. It was also the first of FOUR Indian meals I had the week before Christmas! It was fine because I like Indian food and I had different things each time, but still! I had onion bhajis and then aloo gobi for main, it was lovely.

After we left Lee's dad's we went to Lee's sister's back in the village where Lee grew up. Our twin niece and nephew were there and our elder niece arrived for a few minutes so it was nice to see her too. Lee's mam and stepdad arrived not long after us and we stayed there for a couple of hours before setting off home. It was a nice weekend as usual!

I bought some of the Snag Tights mystery bags in the sale and one pair I got was this pair of cobweb tights which I like. I wore them on the Sunday for lunch. Unfortunately I didn't get photos of my outfits!


Peach bellini, it was £5 and very nice!


Bev and her sons - Andrew, Daniel, Lee, and Chris


Prosecco and chambord, this was also nice


Cauliflower bites


My main course


Lee's new t shirt


And my new cobweb tights!


This elephant was outside the Indian we went to on the Sunday


Onion bhajis


And finally aloo gobi!

No comments:

Post a Comment